Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Election day and great weather.

Goodmorning everybody!

Yesterday it was a lovely day, filled with temperatures about 13-14 degrees C and sunshine.
So I did a bit of garden work and went out for a couple of things and did that really realxed, enjoying the lovely weather.
Monday I was rather busy in the house. I did a laundry, ironed all that was dry, arranged it all in the closets, mopped the floor of the kitchen and had a telephone call that was a bit embarassing.
As I was busy in the kitchen Jan came with the phone and asked me if I had an appointment that day with the participation(volunteerwork) coach. I was all surprised, couldn't believe I had one.
Then I looked in my file and saw I totally had forgotten about it, I just didn;t put it on the calendar.
I told the coach I really was sorry and felt very guilty. ( I am very punctual normally about appointments, really).
I also was lucky I already had an interview with a volunteer organiation and have an appointment there again.
Well, he forgave me and I have another one in two weeks.
And yes, I wrote it down on the calendar on the wall immediately!
I was also lucky the guy was so nice to inform by phone, because not showing up on an appointment can have consequences for the social security money, like a penalty in less money!

That settled I wsent on in the kitchen LOL! And yesterday I could sent all papers to my accountant for the taxes, another weight off my shoulders, yippee! I just didn't receivwe one paper, so I wrote to my accountant that I will send it as soon as I receive it in the mail. And yes, of course, just having send the envelope that day in the evening post there was the necessary paper! Okay, I will make a copy today and put it in the mail.

Today we will have to go to a voting office, because we have the election of the Provincial state members.
That always is a bit peculiar, hardly anybody know the canditates for it, but it is a rather important election to participate. The members of the Provincial Senat choose the members of the Upper House(we call that the 1st chamber). I have a link for you if you are interested, where quite good is explained why this is important.
http://hilversumtoday.nl/provincial-elections/
I hope a lot of people will take the trouble to give their vote, it can be a sign to the Coalition who is governing the country that people aren;t all too happy about a lot of the measurements they take(or not).

Oh, Monday evening we were watching a serie we love to follow, called "The Blacklist". It seems that the serie has a lot of viewers, and because of the succes there will be made a 3rd season of it.
I am really loving the maincharacter, Raymond `Red` Reddington, played by James Spader.
It is exciting, has some humor in it and also is kind of mysterious,
Always a pity that a chapter is so short, and it always leaves you behind with a kind of riddle or question, and then we will have to wait another week for a next chapter. Frustrating sometimes ROFL!

Well, I hope the bit of mist we are having nw will disappear soon and that the sun will come back. They forcasted today another lovely spring day, so Jan and I should take advantage of it in one way or another.

Today I am posting another kit, and not clusters from Arlene made with the From the Sewing Room.
I´ll have to check, why I didn`t make a preview and uploaded them, so girls, sorry, but you´ll get them later okay?Although it seems we have a rather quiet, may be to a lot of you a whee bit boring, at the moment for me it feels kind of hectic. So I think that is the reason I am not always on track with the kits and the add/ons. It will go better, I am sure, and we will get into `peaceful water`again hahahaha.
Now here is `Friends in Secret`. Have fun with it.

And also have a wonderful day!
Download    HERE




4 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning. I'm so glad you are enjoying some Spring weather. Your new kit looks wonderful and fun.

I agree it's a great feeling when the taxes are finally done. As soon as I take these last few papers to the accountant I will be done too. Oh joy!

The wind is howling away here. Some places lost electric power because the winds took down a few power lines. Hopefully, this will not happen here.

The snow is not so pretty anymore. It is getting all black and dirty from dirt and oil on the ground. Unfortunate we'll still be looking at all the piles for a while yet.

I'm so glad that the interview person was so considerate and gave you a new appointment. Hopefully, they will find you something nice and close to home.

Ah well, time for me to get busy here. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Good for you for taking the time to vote. If we don't vote we can't complain.
Thanks for the new kit. Looking forward to Arlene's clusters.

Stacey said...

thanks so much for the wonderful kit! glad the weather is nice and your enjoying it. hopefully things will settle down a bit for you now that most of the paperwork has been taken care of. Apparently all govt beaucrates of any country are fond of their paperwork. there always seems to be so much.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
You have certainly been very busy and sometimes it is easy not to make a note of things you have to do in the future. It is good they will give you another appointment...