Friday, June 28, 2013

It's on and off with the weather here.

Goodmorning everybody!

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating that we still haven;t a real summertime. It's not bad, the weather, but it isn;t good either. Specially temperature still is much too low, fortunately we have periods with sunshine, and then it feels not too bad. But definately not a time to walk out of the front door in just a pair of trousers and a t-shirt.

Wednesday I was a good girl, did some of the necessary housework LOL. Oh yes, dusting, thorough vacuum cleaning even cleaning some windows. Gosh, I felt real good after I finished it. Then I spent about an hour in the garden, some pruning done, took out some overgrowing plants, replanted some, yes, it was nice.

In the mean time Jan went to the market, and came back with a full bag. He found green beans, radish, a collieflower, and  aubergines. He said, that the auibergines would make a nice change of veggies. Well, he is right about that, but now I have to find a nice recipee for them(he bought 3 of them, ina nice size). so I looed some up yesterday and I think I found a good one, probably will try that out for sunday-dinner.
It's done in the oven, with potatoes too, bechamel sauce, tomatoes, and such. If it turns out well, I could write down the recipee.

Yesterday was more the shopping day, had to go to different places to get it all, but have about all for the weekend and longer.
Had a good idea for yesterday's dinner( gosh, I am talking a LOT about food today ROFL), I made a potatoe salad, filled with, of course potatoes and then added radishes, some cucumber, apple, black olives, capers, seasoned with a little bit of olive oil and vinager, bit of mustard and some mayonnaise. All topped of with cut slices of smoked salmon. It was real tasty! Then the strawberries with cream as desert. And I was clever, I made enough for today too, tadaaaa!!! We could even have some little pistolets, warm, with it and some seasoned butter with herbs and garlic.

If weather brightens up a bit today, we might go again to the market, cause we  still need a bit of fruit, have to think of keeping up the vitamine level.

I want to show you a couple of examples of Arlene's creativity. She sent me some beutiful pictures.









Aren't they beautiful?


I had to say from her, that she thanks all designers who offer so freely great stuff, and therefore enabled her to put these pictures together. So the put together picture is completely hers, for some of them she used her own photos. I love the serenity these layouts radiate, don't you?

I know I said I might have a few pictures of new blooms in the garden, but I didn;t make them yet. Some need just a couple of days more to show off. So that will be for next week, probably.
Now it is about time to have another coffee and make a quick tour in the garden, perhaps work on on a new kit and then get dressed and go to the market or such.
I have a kit that is "soft"looking, but could work wonderful with different kind of layouts, it is named "You'll Never Know". And oh my, you are treated by Arlene again! She has made two clusters and a beauty of a quickpage for you!
Now you all take care, have a fantastic weekend!
Download    HERE


Download    HERE









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra, and hello Arlene !
Thank you soooo much for sharing all your work !
The papers, QP with "beautiful souls", clusters, page borders, etc, etc.... are just gorgeous !!!
We are very lucky !
Kyra, your flowers are beautiful. Hope they can survive with this changing weather...and the little bird feeder is so sweet !
Here it's a bit cold, so I'm gonna cook your "pirog", yes !!
Have a great weekend !
Florence

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O my, how gorgeous Arlene's page are, she should frame those they are that good and yes, very peaceful and serene to look at! Thanks to both of you for this lovely kit and the clusters. I really enjoy using them and am so very thankful that you both share so freely! Really do appreciate you! Hugs xoxoxo!
Glad you are getting the chance to work some in your garden. I spent a little time out last evening watering my plants in the front yard. It was 101 with a heat index of 103 yesterday and it doesn't take long for that wind to deplete the wetness. Awoke to 84F this morning at 5:30 a.m. Gonna be warmer today!
Got my hair cut yesterday and good news too, they put in 1 stent for Kathy and will treat other blockages with meds and let her go home about 1300. So, thanks so much for the prayers.
Well, work calls so will get off here. Have a terrific weekend my friends. Hugs, Mat

Edna B said...

I love your new kit. What a sweet name for it too. Arlene's images are just gorgeous!! We have been having rain every day for a while now. We got a little bit of sunshine in between, but now it is pouring again. The forecast is calling for rain for quite a few days now. Goodness, it's like a Monsoon season!! I hope you get some nice weather. Can't wait to see your garden photos. Have a great day, hugs, Edna B.


Anonymous said...

Thank you love these.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for all the beautiful work.
I hope you all have a great weekend...

HappyScreens said...

Thank you! This dusty blue has been my favorite color since I was about 25, nearly 50 years ago, so I love the muted colors of this kit and the beautiful clusters.
And once again you've made me hungry. I'll have to start reading your newsletter in the daytime, not at 1:30AM.