Monday, April 29, 2013

All Holland preparing for tomorrow!

Goodmorning everybody!

In slow moves, with some fall backs, it seems that spring is coming our way. Although the wind is still too fresh and temps are a couple of degrees too low, at least we have sunshine, some rainshopwers in between(but it's good for the garden) and hopefully it will continue to get better and warmer.
It was a quiet weekend, but rather nice one. Friday i did some shoppping, and I cleared away some papers in a map, and one drawer from the little bureau, where I have my computer. In that drawer are all the program cd's, and other computer stuff and manuals for it etc. It piles up in time, and it was necessary to go through it. Oh my, I have gained space in the drawer and can find what I might need.
Jan did some rummaging too, he started with some boxes where we have all the screws and such. He sorted them out a bit, and that was a necessary thing to do! He will have lots more to go through, but you have to start somewhere.

Saturday it looked nice enough to go out and take a look at a fair not too far from our house. Pity the wind was slightly cold, so although su was shining, the wind made it less agreable. But okay, we had a walk, good thing for Jan. I can see he is still not in real good condition, e.g. I see it by the way he walks, and still has trouble with his back( but he doesn;t say anything about it, he is determined to go back to work as soon as possible, I only hope he will be able to do enough hours and that he will have no fall back, so cross fingers please!). It can differ from day to day, at the moment how he feels.

But at the fair we bought us a few plants for the garden, to bring in some color. As Jan cleaned up all the garden, every time he felt in better condition, we had gained a lot of free space( a bit too much to my liking, I am sure I will miss some plants in summer LOL),. I try to be not too grumpy about it, as I see he is enjoying the gardening. I should try now to let him read a bit in the magazines I have collected over the years, to get more familiair with the plants and there growing needs and such. May be that day will come too, grin!

I think today all of Holland will be making the last preparations for the big day tomorrow, the inauguration of our new king and all festivities that will take place.
Yes, tomorrow we will spent a lot of time at the tv, of course and perhaps later on we will see about visiting some fairs that will be held all over our city.

So today I think I will have to do something about the laundry, perhaps some dusting and vacuum cleaning, to be able to take the "day off"tomorrow hahahaha.
As we are going to have a very special day tomorrow, we are going to witness a historical moment, and that should be a happy day I will offer you another Nutshell kit, in bright yellows, named "Allegria"(Joy). And oh my, look at the page border and qickpage Arlene made you with it!
I've made lots more of those Nutshell kits, they are such fun to make. If you collect them all, you will have little kits in all kind of color pallettes, till now, I have made them in just one color scheme, but it may change over time.
Have a wonderful day!

Download    HERE

Download    HERE

4 comments:

Edna B said...

This is such a lovely sunny kit. I love the colors, yellow and orange. Enjoy your nice weather. I can't wait to see some photos of your garden. Now Pogo and I are off to shop for balloons. You have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello Kyra and Arlene, Thank you both for the lovely work you have done...

HappyScreens said...

Thanks, Kyra and Arlene. These are lovely with bright summer colors.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Nice and sunny kit, thank you and Arlene too! Just got a minute to pop in and "catch up"! thanks for the visit and comment on Kathy, she is sounding stronger each time we talk, she so wants to go home! She will in due time!
Hope you and Jan had fun watching all the special festivities today!
Hugs, Mat