Monday, May 14, 2012

Nice weather to sit in garden

Goodmorning everybody!

We did spent a nice weekend, oh so real quiet, but so nice.
As usual, I had to go out Saturday to get us the newspaper. But in the morning, when I was still sitting at the computer in my pyama's the phone was ringing. And it was Heidi, asking me if I would be home during the day. I told her I just had to go out for a moment, so we made an appointment for about 14.00 p.m.
I quickly got dressed, got my paper and a few other things and hurried back. I did it so quickly, that there still some time was left. So looking around in the room, I thought it might be a good idea to give it a sweep with the vacuum cleaner, LOL. So I did and then even had time to wash up some cups and so. Then Jan said he would go for a little walk, giving  Heidi and me apportunity to talk in quiet, LOL. Just as he walked out the door, Heidi came. And she even had a little gift for me. Some seedlings she had from Zinnia's and a little cutling from a mintplant. Nice, hey?
There's only one little problem when we visit eachother. This time she walked around my garden and always sees some plants she still doesn;t have. I think she went home with several pots, filled with seedlings from sweat peas, and cutlings from a lot of different plants LOL!
But I don;t mind, I will get some of hers when I go to her house. Then we finally sat down, with a cup of coffee and talked about several things, all comfortable in our chairs in the sun.
And as husband and child of Heidi weren;t home, she had all the time of the world. When Jan came home, he joined us in the garden.
I think it must have been around 4.30 p.m. that she finally left!
It was a nice Saturday afternoon.

Sunday the weather was also nice, so the afternoon we spent again in the garden. Our garden is quite well sheltered and although it might be windy, we often don;t notice it much in our little spot. I even got busy for a while, pruning the ivy that grows on the wall. I didn;t get rid of all I wanted, but it sure looks better already! Have to do that several times a year, it's a nice wall covering, but grows like mad!
I prepared a nice dinner, simple but tasty and we spent a the evening watching tv.
All together it was a nice weekend.

Today Jan has to try to get some references from his last job at an agency, to give them to the agency he applied for last Friday. It will be hard to find someone who will give a written refence, cause the agency he worked for, which was several years ago, doesn;t exist anymore. That company was bought by a much bigger agency for flexwork, so I doubt if the contacts of the old agency are still around! I can understand a bit the agency he aplleid with, wants to know something about him, but I figure they can also understand that it could be hard to have references from somebody who didn;t work anymore for about 6 years? Hmmmm, if Jan will not be succesful, he could try to explain it once more to them, but if they are determined to have that, I think he better try his luck with another agency. We'll see how it will end. Nothing goes really very smoothly, as you see. There's always a little hill to take, no straight road!
And all over the health care you hear that they are in desparate need of people!
Okay, we are not desperate yet, and something will turn up again for the good.

Let's think, yeah,......... I have some links for you for some lovely quickpages you can download
First is Miriam's blog, where Mat offers you several and second is Edna's blog, with another quickpage she made from a photo she made herself, and she even gives you the background with it!
And Arlene has made wonderful clusters and also a quickpage, with the Mama's Special Day kit.
More treats from here in the next blogpost!
Download     HERE

Kit for today is a very soft coloured one, named "Souffle du Printemps" ( breath of spring).
Have fun with it, and have a great day!
Here just a previes of the papers.
Download the kit HERE

11 comments:

Edna B said...

These papers are gorgeous. The colors are so soft. It sounds like Spring is here to stay in your area. I think it's finally here too. Hope your weekend was as nice as mine was. I'll be going home shortly. (I'm at work.) You have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on May. 14, 2012. Thanks again.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thank you so much for the link...check my blog, I used lots of kits making 20 Mothers Day pages (only (14 on my blog)! I love your kits and Arlene's Clusters! Have a terrific week! Hugs

Bright Eyes said...

Love the soft colors of spring in this kit. Thank you so much for the lovely gift.

Hoping that Jan can find some work soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for Arlene's clusters and your pretty kit...
Linda

Priscilla said...

What a lovely Spring kit. Thanks SO much for sharing it!!

JazzyJane said...

I love the colours you have used in this kit. Very soulful and lovely. Thanks so much. Jane

Julie said...

I love the name for these soft shades of green, it's perfect. Best wishes for Jan in his quest!

sherry said...

What a gorgeous kit!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful scraps! I think you and Arlene are so talented!
from Pickles :)

Anonymous said...

comme cette couleur est douce!!!merci pour tout ce que vous offrez, j'aime beaucoup.