Monday, April 30, 2012

Queens day!

Goodafternoon everybody!

yeah, I am terribly late today, but it ha its reason. Coming to that a bit later.
Yesterday I had a GREAT wake-up event! Well, you better could say the opposite. About 7.00 in the morning I suddenly woke up and sat right immediately. What was that?? I was woken up by a terrible noise coming from the kitchen door. Looked at my side, didn;t find Jan. So I jumped out of bed, I really thought somebody came in through the kitchen door(somebody breaking in ), although it is hard to get into our garden, which is surrounded by other. So upset and with booming heart I got into the kitchen and asked Jan what happened. It seems another strange cat was visiting us, Dikkie Dik attacked, Jan woke up by it and got the cat out, he frightened him well, and therefor he also banged the door. Oh my God, I had to sit down to get to myself again a bit, didn;t go back to sleep anymore. No, this is not the way I like to wake up!!!
I took a nap later in the afternoon thuogh.

The late posting today has all to do with "Koninginnedag", the day that our Queens celebrates her birthday by visiting one or two towns. Must not have been easy for her and the family, cause her son is still in coma, as far as we know.
Everywhere in the country there are fairs and free markets an all kind of events. So we went to town too, to take a look. The weather couldn't be better. Lots of sunshine, nice temperature, all to make you feeling happy. First a quick visit to an aquintance, who has a lovely shop with all sorts of liqueurs, a lot she makes herself. We just said hello, cause she is very busy on these holidays, but she gave us a salted haring and it was delicious!!!! Yummie, I like them!
Then we moved on and walked around several freemarkets, where everybody can offer things for a very small price, of course, but you can find very nice things there!
And I lost my heart there LOL! We passed a little stand and what did I see?????? Two big pluche bears. As you might know I have a crush for pluche bears, but.we walked on.only.....after a few moments I returned and asked the price. And you will not believe it, they were only € 0,50 a piece. I couldn;t believe my ears. Couldn;t resist and bought him, gave the lady an € 1,00, cause I almost felt ashamed. But he is adorable and I can prove it, cause at home I made a photo of it.
Is he cute or isn't he?????????????

There also was a not so happy note this day. Walking around on the big fair, we met friends, we know already for a long time, we don;t visit eachother much, but always keep in touch. And then we heard the man is diagnozed with cancer on several spots. Damned, that isn't the news you want to hear on such a cosy day, meeting your friends.! But that is life, bitter and sweet are always at eachother's side!

We walked on, and looked around some more freemarkets, and then decided to go home.
I have lots to show or give links of, so I better make a little list of them.
Mat has made a beautiful quickpage of the Garden Song kit, to download on Miriam's blog. 

Need an idea for a layout with this same kit? Go to              http://digitalscrapbookfairygodmother.blogspot.co.uk/

Beautiful quickpages to download on Linda's blog, made with the Charming time kit. (Can't remember if I already posted about them, but better twice than not!)

Then Kay made a lovely header for her blog, with the Weaving Dreams kit.

Miss Edna has another lovely quickpage for you to download on her blog.

Now Arlene, of course!  I still have to upload a few files from her, I am really behind in uploading!!
But I have some great clusters from her, made out of several kits of mine.
Download Arlene Various Clusters 6 HERE

I have a couple of photos more of today, but I will save them for the post on Wednesday.
Now the last thing is the kit from me, ROFL.
Hard to choose which one, but I think this is a very nice one, named "Devine Silence".
Hope you all had or stil will have a wonderful day!

Download     HERE



                                   

6 comments:

Bright Eyes said...

Another beautiful kit. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hope your heart rate is back to normal after such a scare to wake up to. << hugs >>

Edna B said...

Hope your day is as lovely as the one we are having today. I think this is Arlene's prettiest cluster kit yet. Thank you so much for sharing. I downloaded your new kit because the colors are just begging to be used on a scrap page. It's beautiful. Thank you. You have a great day, Hugs, Edna B.

Karen Lewis said...

Lovely kit - thank you. :-)

HappyScreens said...

Thank you so much for sharing! You and Arlene are both very talented and productive! I hope you don't have any more rude awakenings.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 10 post on May. 01, 2012. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you both Kyra and Arlene for these lovely downloads.
Kyra I think your bear looks very cute also lovely and soft...
Linda