Monday, March 26, 2012

Gold, Silver Bronze weekend and a hard task!

Goodmorning everybody!

Weather has been good to us, although the "underground"of the air is still a bit fresh, when you are in the sun it is lovely weather!
So in between watching the WC speed skating this weekend, we also enjoyed a bit the sun in the garden, I even planted some seeds, some of climbing sweet peas, then also a species that will grow till about 50 cms. high, and I've tried my hands on peas this year LOL. Very curious if they will come up and will give us some peas!!!
Oh whee, the skating was very succesful for our Dutch team, we got 14 medals in total, of which were 5 golden, 5 silver and 4 bronze ones! There are hopes then for the Olympic wintergames yeah!

I received an award from Miss Edna's place!!

Rules are very simple. First, you must thank the person giving the award.  Well, thanks Edna for thinking of me! Next, you must share seven things you think people might find interesting about you and select seven fellow bloggers to give the award to(let them know by a quick message, of course). And this is the hard part of it. Not even to find 7 fellow bloggers, but to tell you 7 things about me, you might find interesting and do not know yet. I will give it a try, but it isn;t easy!

Let's start with fellow bloggers:

http://matsscrapbooking.blogspot.com/
http://miriams-scrap.blogspot.com/
http://linda-ohwhatfun.blogspot.com/
http://bonscrapatitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Yes, I am perhaps lazy, but couldn;t come up with more blogsThese are the ones I almost visit every day)  so It has to stay like this.

Now 7 things about me
1) When I was a little girl of about 4 years I had a big passion, that was ballet dance! As my mother did that, and gave lessons, I watched well and every evening after dinner I had my half hour of ballet. Mama even made me a real tutu for it. And I was serious about it, oh yeah. But, although I took lessons with my mother when I was a little bit older it never came to it that I wanted to make my profession out of it.

2) I am in general a very quiet person, lots of things are going round in my mind though LOL. But at times when I get very excited and cross about something, I can be very (!) hot-tempered, mostly when I have the feeling I am treated not right, or un-fair. I've learned a bit to control that, but sometimes ........ And then I am not nice at all!

3) I finished my secondary school when I was 18, it was a great one, called at that time the MMS, Middelbare Meisjesschool (this doesn;t excist anymore), but it was a great one, cause you had a very broad education, all foreign languages,(French, English and German) history, biologie, geography, art-history, music, mats, chemistry and physiscs, (those a bit less, but extended basics), it really was a great education, and after that I did one year  of Trade school, as it was called, where we had commercial correspondence in all 3 foreign languages and of course Dutch, and to it even typing and short hand.
After that I went working at administration at the firm, where my father worked, I was lucky, cause just at that time a girl left because she was pregnant and her place had to be filled in. Well, I stayed there for 29 years!

4) Creativity I got from my mother, together we did a lot of things, like painting, drawing, we spent hours painting Russian icons or scenes out of Russian fairy tales, my mother mostly did painting, I very much liked pen drawing. We even managed to have a few small exhibitions with our work.

5) Started to play the piano when I was 8. I was rather good at it, won some prizes, but never had the ambition to make it my profession.

6) Like Edna, I also would like to write a little book LOL. But although I have lying around a start for it, I don;t know if it ever will come to bloom. Perhaps deep down in my heart I am uncertain if I could do it, and then also questions come up like: How to get it published, where to go and if somebody would publish it, how to be certain you are not cheated?? I think I have the problem of not being self-assured enough about my possibillities and qualities.

7) I love nature, I love animals, and in general I love people, am not the most talkative person in company, but like to listen to people and watch them.

I am sure I forgot to mention things, but gave it my best LOL.

On to blog-business now! Make a visit to Miriam's blog where there are posted again some goodies, as by Mat, using again one of my kits.
Then Arline has more goodies for you,
Download Various Clusters 3 Here
And to complete this blogpost I have another kit for you named "Call it Olive Green"
Have a great day!
Download     HERE

4 comments:

Edna B said...

Kyra, it sounds like you had a fabulous relationship with your mother. That is so wonderful.

I have always wanted to play the piano, but it is not within my talents. However, I do love listening to music.

As for your book, it does not matter if it is good or bad, just write it. A little bit whenever you have the time. I know you have a marvelous imagination and a great talent for story telling.

Take photos if your seeds grow. I don't have such good luck with seeds but I keep trying. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Orlie said...

Kyra, You are to hard on yourself. Look at all the beautiful kits you come up with and I love reading about your lift lessons. It makes me feel great. Like I am talking with MY SISTER. You can do it!!!!!! I have followed you since I found your site and come every day to see what is new.
Kindred Spirit.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra, Thank you for sharing these lovely clusters with us and Thank you to Arlene for making and sharing them....
Linda

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good afternoon Kyra:)

It's sooo nice to read more about your life..your ambitions etc.:) I would LOVE to have seen some of your drawings!! Three languages? I can barely manage my own.LOL

I want to thank you and Arlene for the lovely clusters..and you for sharing your lovely Olive Green kit with me.LOVE THEM ALL!!

Hugs,
Valinda