Friday, January 07, 2011

Almost having "normal"home back!

Goodmorning everybody!

Oh my, what a day it was yesterday! It started as almost every day, nice and quiet, me posting on my blog, Jan still asleep, and so on. Till Jan woke up. Well, nothing happened yet, he first had to take a cup of coffee. I quickly went out to the supermarket(the other day they didn't have something I needed, so I went to the same supermarket, but on another location and yes, succesfull).Was home in a short while and suddenly Jan suggested we could already start with clearing away the Christmas decoration for a part! He said it might be a good thing to do, then it wouldn;t take almost all day on Friday(today). Okay, I surrendered and we were busy like two bees! Today we only have to take care of the corner with the manger and then sweep around the vacuum cleaner!Pfffffffffffffff, yesterday afternoon I was a bit pooped out I must say, but also happy we already took care of it partly!
So after I finish my post I will start with the manger and so, I will spit into my two little hands and give myself a kick into my butt and I think when I will be in full speed after an hour or so it will be done! Hoorray, then we can enjoy our weekend, and we certainly will, cause there is speed skating again, European Championship for all round, starting this afternoon!

But before I started this post, I lighted a little candle in front of my house-icon, to wish my father a happy birthday. Yes, in a way it is a bit of sad day, celebrating his birthday with him not arround anymore. He passed away already a long time ago, this year it will be 21 years ago! I cannot imagine that it is so long ago, it always seems just a few years ago, probably because I still miss him a lot on some moments. Still, it's life and I know he's somewhere in a happy and peaceful place, so I stood in front of his picture and just said silently: "happy Birthday, Dad" and smiled at him. And it feels okay again.

And tomorrow I finally can open the present I already got at Christmas, for my Birthday! It's on the dining table and it wasn't easy to let it unwrapped, but I am staying a GOOD girl till tomorrow!!Yeah, tomorrow it's my birthday, so just because of that I will make a little post tomorrow too and I will have a lovely freebie for you too! I will not do anything real special for my birthday, cannot realize that I will have 58 years! The mind isn;t accepting it yet, LOL, in there and my heart I still feel somewhere in my 30's, but the body tells me a different thing at times! Better not to thing too much about it, hahahaha.

As you can imagine there wasn't much time left yesterday to use as "playing time"at the computer with all that clearing away of decorations, but I did a bit and even finished a quickpage I've made from a "create-a-card"gift from Minky. It's posted on the Creative Club blog. Here's the preview:
And now I should first take another coffee and then I will kick myself to do the rest of the work. Not leaving you without a freebie, I have a small kit : "Home in the Country" for you.
You all have a terrific day, and see you tomorrow for a moment, don't forget to come over, cause I have a really nice kit ready for you then!

Download    HERE

3 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jan. 07, 2011. Thanks again.

cfowings said...

Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing this cute kit with us!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [08 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria