Monday, May 24, 2010

Lots of walking!

Goodmorning everybody!

After we did a loooong walk on Friday, we went to a fair and then walked back home with a big detour, all together we were walking for about 3,5 hours! It was beautiful weather, great to be outside. I even found a new wallet on the fair, I wanted one with a little chain and clip on it and not too big. The old one I have is almost at the end, LOL, and finally I did find another. They are great to put in a pocket of your trousers and clip the chain to the part where you put your belt through( no idea how to call that) You don;t need a handbag and the wallet is safe for pickpockets. But at the end of the walk I was glad to be home! We gave ourselves a lazy day on Saturday, also because their was a mist hanging over this coast region, which made it unpleasant and rather coldish. But oh wonder of nature, yesterday sun was back and it looked great, so we dicided to go to Scheveningen, to the sea. There should be an exposition of sand sculptures on the boulevard, it could be nice to see. With that in mind we left at about 1.30 in the afternoon and walked all the way to Scheveningen( about an hour) . It was an magnificent walk, we passed through my old neighbourhood which brought back some nice memories.
We arrived at the seahore and looked at a few sandsculptures, but that was a bit disappointing. Some were already a bit damaged and you couldn't take a good picture of them, because they were protected by gates. Pity, but we took the stroll along the boulevard, it was such nice weather and I made even a few pics. Then we run in too Jan's sister with her daughter(we almost never see her, but between thousands of people we run into her, can you believe that?), so we talked for a couple of minutes and the daughter made a picture of us. (we seldom are together on a picture, Jan hates it to pose, sigh!). We continued the stroll and then finally took something to drink. As we didn't had the courage to walk back home too, we took the tam and were home at about 17.00 o'clock.! Quit a day, hey?
Here I have a few pics I made on Scheveningen:
This one I really like, a seagull on a lantern! And I really like the trail of the plain on the pic
And here we have "The Walkers" (LOL)
Today the weather still looks nice, but there is a change to come, somewhere during the day. Jan had plans for today too, but I am considering to stay at home, do a few little errands.
So that was about our weekend, not bad at all.
Time for the freebie, I suppose. It's part 4 of the Fantasy quickpages, hope you still like them. Oh, have to tell, also during this weekend I jumped a bit into PSE8 and I managed to make two little kits in it, yeah!!! Pfff, took lots of time, but finally I am learning a bit, still don;t know almost anything, but there is a little advance in it. Good for me, whoopeeee!
Okay, I am finishing now, wishing you an aweful good day!
Download     HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I just love your photos. You and Jan look so very happy. My Michael and I used to love taking long walks. I miss that. It is early mornning here, and I am waiting for the sun to start shining. It's still a bit misty. You have a great day today my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on May. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

Snowy said...

Great Pics ,Kyra - I can see you enjoyed the walk and the nice weather,Hugs Snowy