Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Another sneak peek

Goodmorning everybody!

I took some extra time yesterday to play around on the computer. Today that should be done less LOL! But I progressed on some things, finishes a challenge and started another that still was waiting for me. I have to hurry if I want to have them done this month! And I made also a mini-kit for the Starchildren project blog, I will show you the preview of it. If anybody wants it, you'll have to go to http://thestarchildrenproject.blogspot.com/ for the download!
I think Minky will post it soon, may be even today, although I know she is very busy at the moment at Sulina's.
It are just 3 papers and some elements. The paper at the bottom of the preview you can use of course for a layout, but you can easily print it out as a nice card for yourself or for somebody as a gift.

Yesterday's news had, again, a terrible report. Did you hear about the attacks on the metro in Moskou? I think there are about 40 dead and a lot injured. It happened at two metro stations. Some terrorist action, and I hate these things! I can understand you have political disagreements that can go very far, but I just cannot understand why you have to attack just ordinairy people like you and me, just going to work or going home, I consider it a cowered way of bringing out your voice. Those acts do happen quit often, you will just have to follow a bit the news and bomb attacks are in Iraq, Pakistan, India, you just name it. I am sorry if I am offending perhaps some people, who have different ideas, but I don;t think this is a good way to make a point. Not picking it on just people who are living a normal life, or at least trying to do that. I don'think these kind of actions will help in any way to improve a situation. Okay, just talking isn;t a great help either sometimes, but there are other ways possible to try to have your voice heard, and bring out your disagreement. I don;t think it helps, that by a bomb attack for example , you get the sympathy from the population. What good does it for the cause you are standing for, to robe a child from its parent or grandparent, or a husband from his wife? You tell me and try to convince me that this will actually help! But I assure you, that there is no good excuse for it.

Sorry for this little outburst, LOL, but sometimes I get so angry about these things! Why does it seems just impossible for people to live their lives in peace? Leave everybody in their value, accept that everybody is a bit different, may have a different way of living life, may have a different religion, etc., but on the bottom line we all want the same thing: have a good life, as much as possible, live a fairly happy life, have somebody to love and somebody who loves you, perhaps raise a family, have a job, a house and some simple elementary things necessary to live that life. I know, I am thinking far too naive, but isn;t this what everybody wants?
I wonder if ever there will be a time here on earth, that there will be no more war, no more struggle, just people living together on a space we just have to share and preserve that environment as much as we can.

Oh my, I wanted it to be just a short post, but I got carried away again! Quick to the freebie then, another part of Victoriana pages, the last one.
Now you all have a lovely day!
Download    HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I agree with you regarding the suicide bombers.
There are a lot of stupid and evil people in this world. If only everyone could learn to live together and get along. We only have one world. It shouldn't be so difficult to live in peace.

Aside from that, we are floating away again. The cellar is flooding again, but so far we have not lost the furnace and water heater again.

This morning there was quite a bit of flooding on some of the roads that we had to travel on. Hopefully, we won't have too much trouble getting back there later on, and then again tomorrow.

I'm sick, sick, sick of rain!!!!!
Stay dry my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

jacqueline said...

Je layout is prachtig ,precies mijn style.
Ik werk ook graag met minky's hebbedingetjes.
Mijn designblog staat er vol van.
Kom hier graag iedere dag eens piepen,zo mooi allemaal dat ik er hebberig van word..LOL

vele groetjes van jacqueline