Sunday, October 07, 2018

My husband still can amaze me, LOL!

Goodafternoon everybody!

It is just after 12.00 so I am not really late. But first I had a long sleep today, I woke up around 8.30 then had a cup of tea, and my still weren´t awake, so I decided to take an extra nap on the couch, and oh boy, it did me good!!
The weather is still rather good, yeah. during this week temps did creep up again to around 20-21C, now today we have a temperature dipp again, it will not be more than 15C, but the sun is shining.
Then it will be better and better during coming week, if all will come true we will have up to 22-23C from Wednesday, wow!

This week I survived an attack of cleaning rage, LOL! No, serious, beginning this week I was busy in the kitchen, adn noticed that the drainer for the dishes and such could do with a thourough cleaning, and one thing lead to another, so a part of the kitchen had a good cleaning, plus the toilet, and did a laundry and some other things.
Pffff, I got tired of myself that day, hahaha.(but also was satisfied at the same time, I finally dug up some extra energy)
Wednesday Jan and I took our flu shot. and then  saw Jan talking with the secreatary about an appointment with the doctor!!!
Amazing. I tried to persuad him for two or three weeks to make an appointment(for his coughing and also to ask about his nails, he has very bad looking nails at the moment, they are very brisk and aweful looking) and now finally he made one.
So he had that on Friday, got a tablet for his cough, and he probably has a kind of virus or bacterie in his nails, it just has to grow out, doctor said. Well, hopefully after a few weeks that will be done with.
I do hope the tablet will help for his cough, because for him it is annoying.
The doctor really had to search for a medication, that Jan could have, because of his other medicins(specially his liver).
He has another appointment tomorrow, Monday, that is to clean one ear. He complained that he could hear much less with his right ear, doctor looked, seems he has some "dirt'there, that is the cause.
So tomorrow the doctor will spray the ear clean.

Oh, there is some good news. It seems, that slowly some parakeets are coming back. Last week we saw at least two, sometimes early morning and sometimes towards the evening. Yesterday we even had 4 again! They only stay for a short visit, but still, they found their way to us again. Silly, may be, but  am kind of relieved I saw them again.

Because of the mild weather, several things in the garden are still blooming, ,like a bush rose that has it's second flowering, wow.
Then we still have some dahlia's even fuchsia's that are still in bloom.
With this kind of weather it is hard to imagine that in about 2½ months
we already have Christmas. It soon will be time for me to think about one or two or may be more Christmaskits.
At the moment I am busy with a kit, so may be after I finished that one, I could already start on a Christmaskit, and work on that together with working on a general one.

Not this Saturday, but the Saturday before, we had a delicious easy dinner. I found a recipe for braised beef, then we ate the meat pulled on a sandwich(a bun), and it was sooo good.
It is meat you will have to take time for, but the good thing about it is also that you can prepare it one or two days in advance. It just takes 4 or 5 hours on the stove.
This is the recipee I used:
It is made with ca. 500 grams of braised beef, which could be good for 4 persons.

2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
2 shredded onions
2 cloves of garlic pressed
tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or use dried powder)
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 or 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (careful with the amount, preferably less than too much)
1 tablespoon of sambal (that is a hot pepper sauce from Indonesia, if you don;t have that in stock, use chili powder or flakes, or another strong pepper in sauce or even a chopped fresh one, and be careful with the quantity too, it depends on how much you like strong spicy food, if not so much, use less, obviously)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon


Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed frying pan, and fry the onions for about 3 minutes. Add the meat and fry until golden brown. Then add all other ingredients, add water until the meat is just below. Leave to simmer for approx. 4 hours (or until the meat is super soft) Add extra water if the meat is boiling dry.
Then simmer the meat for about 1 hour without a lid on the pan.
Pull the meat apart and put on the buns.
Nice to put some lettuce on the sandwiches, possibly some fresh cucumber slices,or whatever is at hand or to your liking, and some coriander.

Your bun could look like this.

Note for the ingredients, specially the spices. I often use spices as I have in stock, improvise a bit, and often the result is even better!
And also about the quantaties given in recipes, often you just have to use them exactly, (I think about baking), but in stews like this, or oven recipes, you often can improvise a bit(like i often do.)
Well, may be  have given you an idea for a meal in a weekend. Hope the recipe is clear enough.
it is worth a try, I found it very yummie, and I will certainly will make it again.

Good I think  have written a long anough post for today
Now it is time for you second part of the Peacock's Sanctuary kit.
Have a wonderful week, stay safe and healthy, please!

Download part 2 HERE

Oh boy, I just noticed now that on the preview I didn;t put the name of the kit! I am getting sloppy. Sorry for that.



7 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, all sorts of good news! This is wonderful. Our temps seems to be going up and down too. But I'm not complaining, no sirree! This is much better than cold and snow. Some of my flowers, mostly roses, are still blooming too. It looks so nice to look out and see them.

I love this peacock kit. Those peacocks are just beautiful! I'll have to see what I can do with them. Thank you so much. That recipe sounds very delicious so I might be trying that too! It should work out quite nicely in my slow cooker pan.

Now I'm off to finish up a couple more things before sitting down to watch TV. Audrey will be here tomorrow, and I'm very excited. You stay well my friend, and have a wonderful week. Hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

Thank you so much for the 2nd part! You sound like me-I need to get the juices flowing to get cleaning but when I do I can't stop. Lol. Pay for it with soreness the next day but a good kind of feeling soreness.
We are having very cold weather. Maybe 1 cm snow but it's gone again. We don't usually get this kind of weather till Halloween so it's going to make for a very very long winter if we don't get a bit of nice weather for a bit.
Glad Jan realized he couldn't fight the cold on his own. Hopefully the medicine will help. Hugs to both and take care.

Scarette said...

I love the colors in this kit. That sandwich looks very delicious!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks so much dear...glad you can still be surprised! Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this second part of your lovely kit...

Grandma Sarge said...

I can't believe how long I've been neglecting my overseas friends.
I'm sorry, I've been spending so much time at electronic cleaning I haven't had any time for much else.
But I want to thank you very much for the lovely kits and Thanks to Arlene for the pretty clusters and things she's made.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thanks for the 2nd part. I like the Peacock theme.