Sunday, September 16, 2018

A bit of Holland to America!

Goodafternoon everybody!

The weather here is okay and large part of next week it will only get better and warmer, kind of second summer. Well, you know i don;t mind a bit of nice temperatures of around 25 C.
 don;t think it will last for very long, but every day like that is better than one with ice and snow!

Jan is still suffering from his cold, not couching as much as he did, he only suffers from it in periods, it seems. Worst is when he wants to lie down to sleep, then it gets to him. But.... perhaps mending is around the corner. He slept this night for quite a long time, without having to cough. let's hope it will go upwards from now.

I am a bit angry with myself, perhaps silly, but true. I should have made a few phonecalls this week, but i didn;t make them. I did feel rather tired and tried to sleep some extra in the mornings, so that kind of "disturbed" my normal "schedule". Still I could have made those calls. Now I must make them next week. I really hope I can live up to that promise to myself LOL!

Apart from that, all went rather well I can say. I did finish a new kit, so that is a good thing, and i even started another one(well, I chose the color scheme and made 1 or two papers, haha).
And yes, we have a Dutch lady singer who entered America;s got talent and she is in the finals now! I have to say she is a really good singer and on top of that she also is a very nice women. I have for you two links, so if you want you can look and listen to her.
First if a video with her audition song and second is with a video of her semi final song plus a newspaper article.
Wouldn;t it be fantastic if she actually would win this contest?
Well, here are the links for those interested and if by any chance you think our Glennis deserves to win, well, America, you can vote for her!
If you want to know more about the contest and the other finalists, you surely would be able to find that on Google.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Tdwa7zyjQ

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/09/dutch-singer-glennis-grace-makes-final-of-americas-got-talent/

The finals will be broadcast on America's Got Talent network NBC at 8pm ET on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 18-19. 

Okay, I did my bit of promotion here, I think LOL!

So now it is about time to have a sandwich and also to look at my pan with a stew of lamsmeat, with some paprika, onion and mushrooms in it, to see if it is ready. Then I only will have to boil some potatoes later.
Today I have clusters from Arlene, made with the Stories told without words kit.
Have a great week and I hope everybody stays safe, (with all those hurricanes around!).

Download    HERE

5 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, Glennis sounds absolutely amazing. Good luck to her. I'll watch the finals to see how she does there. You have every right to be very proud of her.

I'm glad that Jan is beginning to heal. Has he tried sleeping with his head tilted up? I have to sleep in my lounge chair to make breathing easy. Otherwise, I need lots of pillows to keep my head up.

Our weather lately is just beautiful. I love it! Let's hope the nice temps and weather last all the way up to winter. I know, I'm a dreamer.

Your dinner sounds yummy. I haven't decided yet what Pogo and I will have. Most likely hamburgers. (what elso is new?) You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these beautiful clusters.
Kyra, Thank you also for the links you provided for Glennis and the children who were almost deported...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyra,
Glennis has a truly amazing voice! I hope she wins! Than you so much for your beautiful scrap kits and Arlene for the clusters and frames. You ladies are the BEST!

Hugs,
Cassie<3

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks again to you and Arlene for the awesome gifts!

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you Arlene. Now I can finish one of my projects.