Sunday, July 08, 2018

I am counting my tomatoes, LOL!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Wow, you really can say we have summer at the moment. Every day nice temperatures of around 22-24C, with sometimes a little high cloud, that's all. No rain, and that isn;t too good. Would be nice if in the evenings or nights some rain would fall, but this week there isn;t a big chance to it. Well, we will have to be a little careful with the water, if everybody does so, there shouldn't be a problem.
I try to water the garden twice, may be 3 times a week, not more and I only do the pots almost every day. The birdies are happy with a little bird bath I created of a not to deep bowl, the tits really take their bath in it, so funny and other birds come to drink of it too.

I am afraid there isn;t really much news to tell, time just passes by in wonderful weather and it is such a joy to be able to open in the morning the garden doors and leave them open till somewhere in the evening.
We still are watching the football and the Belgian team reached the semi-finals!  They had a fantastic match against Brazil!
Now they only have to manage to win the match from France and they will have reached the final! It will be a difficult match against the French,but I give them a good chance.

During the week I did a little bit of normal household stuff, nothing to bragg about, spend quite some time in the garden, sitting or just doing little jobs there. Yesterday I went to buy some birdseed,  I still give them some, although they can find their own food rather easily now. t still is nice for them to have some extra and it is good for the mother birds who still have to feed the youngsters.
On the way to that shop I came along a kind of 'recycle"shop, you can find there sometimes real nice things for little money, and I found two flowerpots for inside, in a dark red color frok which we have already a few. I took them with me, they only were  € 0,50 a piece!
And looking around in some other shops on the way I found a really nice Christmaspresent. Cannot say anything about it, for obvious reasons.
The best buys are most of the time the ones you stumble upon, and not the ones you are going to buy intentionally!

This morning I took the bother to count my tomatoes LOL! I came to 63 smaller and bigger ones already and there are much more flowers on the plants that could become also tomatoes. best is to have about 3 or may four groups of flowers on them and if there are coming more you better pich them out. Otherwise they will not get enough time to ripen. I have 2 links  for you where you can see how to handle tomatoes, if you may have them. If not, perhaps nice to try out for next year?
 https://bonnieplants.com/library/grow-tomatoes-pots/

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/blog/a-beginners-guide-to-pinching-out-tomatoes
Here one photo I took from one of my tomatoe plants, with one of the biggest tomatoe till thus far
And I have a few more photos of the garden.
 This is the second clamtis I have on the rosebow, at the moment it is full of blossoms, fantastic.

This isn´t the best photo of my conrflowers, but oh wow, i do love them. They have such a wonderful blue color and I will try to get seed of them later, and if no enough I will buy some for next year. They grow rather easily, so not too much work for lots of result! ove to have two or three large groups of them next year and you can mix them great with other flowers.
I have too 2 photos of a parakeet having a yummie meal of the seeds in the bowl hanging on the rosebow.

Well, that is about it all. I must confess I didn´t do much of designing again this week, a little excuse is that the weather is far too nice to be inside a lot and in the evening I watch tv and do a bit of knitting at the same time.
So I should finish a kit I started long ago, otherwise I will not have something for you next week. They said on the weather program that next week we will have one or may be two days of lesser weather with lower temperatures of only 19 or 20C and cloudy, so may be that will be a good time to spend an hour or so on the designing.
For now I have the clusters from Arlene, she made with the Dreaming of Summer kit.
Have a wonderful week and stay safe!
Download   HERE


2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Oh I just love the photos, especially the ones of the parakeets. They really are beautiful little birds. Your tomatoes are looking really good. I'd love to put mine outside, but I know the critters will eat them as soon as I do. Sighhhhh.....

Today our weather is just gorgeous. Pogo and I will be spending some time out on the porch. Arlene's clusters are beautiful. Maybe I'll work on some new quick pages today too.

Meanwhile, keep on enjoying that wonderful weather. You have a super week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I love all the birds. I wish I could put up a feeder in my new house and entice some birds. They are so neat to watch.

P.S. I had a parakeet when I was in high school who used to sit on the spigot of the tub when I was taking a bath. I'd Splash water at her and she'd say "Take a Bath, Take a Bath".

Thanks for the beautiful clusters.

Hugs from Washington State