Sunday, June 24, 2018

No more Hinkie to look after

Goodafternoon everybody!

Last week it was a few days not too nice weather, suddenly a temperature drop, but yesterday it crept up already a little bit, today about the same, but next week we will have real summer temperatures again, if the weathermen are right!
Only thing is, that there is falling almost no rain, and when there is, here it only is a few drops, so we must water the garden every few days.
Beginning this week I still saw Hinkie but me and Jan already thought that he wouldn;t survive much longer. I think it was Tuesdaymorening i saw Hinkie the last time. I tried to feed him some apple, but he almost didn't eat something(and normally he was very keen on that).
And I think Hinkie is now in bird heaven, where he can fly and hop around and has plenty of food and friends.
Nature's ways aren't always nice, but we have to accept that.

Most of the time this week we spent watching a lot of football, and in between I did some of the house chores and such.
One of the good things of the football is that in the evening on another tv channel they give a detective. So we register that and watch it later.
Bit pity though is, that they give not all the time new ones, but okay, some older ones are great to watch again.
You always seen to forget the little details and sometimes even the solution of it. a human brains can hold a lot of things but also can forget easily LOL!

I noticed that i forgot to post some clusters from Arlene, made with the All about family kit, so I will do that today. Poor Arlene hadn't had her best weeks lately, she hurt her shoulder, so had to wear a sling for about two weeks and then fell on her knee, ouch! I know how that feels. Hopefully all will mend good and quick!

Now I think my washing machine finished the laundry program so I can hang it out to dry, then is is about time to have a sandwich, probably doing that in the garden sitting in some sunshine and then later there already is a football match to watch.
Today I will make for dinner a stew with fresh endive(that is mashed potatoes with fresh green endive and some fried bacon dices in it), and I will fry some lamb meat sausages to it. Yummie.
And we will have some melon as dessert.

So I wish you all a lovely day and week ahead, take care of yourself!
Download   HERE

4 comments:

hummerdawn said...

So sorry to hear about Hinkie but that is nature's way like you say. We have had the air conditioner running for nearly 3 weeks now. It has been very hot and humid and with big thunderstorms. My lily that I have planted and transplanted about 4 times and blooms every year now has those awful lily bugs on them. They are slowly eating all the leaves. Best cure is to hand pick them off but I am not about to do that. They are nearly in bloom so hope it survives till at least they are finished blooming. Glad to hear all is doing pretty good for you. Take care! Hugs.

Edna B said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about Hinkie. But as you say, at least he doesn't hurt anymore. RIP little Hinkie. At least you gave him some nice treat days to look forward to.

As usual, Arlene's clusters are lovely. Thank you. I'm so glad to hear that you and Jan are both feeling so much better now. And sitting out by the garden while you eat your lunch sounds like a wonderful idea. Today is not a "sitting out" day so Pogo and I will take our lunch indoors. We are hoping for a bit of rain. We seem to be in a bit of a drought.

I'm off now to do my own post. You have a wonderful week my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these lovely clusters. I'm sorry to hear that Arlene has been injured, hopefully she will recover soon.
Very sad news about Hinkie, as you said, nature's way can be very cruel.
It is good to hear you are still getting some beautiful weather at your place...

Grandma Sarge said...

Well Kyra, I'm sorry to say I haven't been to your blog in over one month. My life has been shaken upside down and sideways. It's starting to come together again but I think it'll take a little while. I've moved to a little town down the road so I could be nearer the larger facility of the Veterans Medical Center. I moved from a larger 3 bedroom to a smaller 2 bedroom since I am by myself now. Just me and my little Chihuahua breed. She's almost 2 yrs old but still only weighs 4.5 lbs. I did have to put my cat of 16 yrs. down. some medical problems started creeping up so she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and should be waiting for me to join her.

I just finished down loading the last 3 kits and they all look lovely. One I'm going to use to make a scrapbook page of Mrs. Beasley (my 16 yr old cat). And the darling clusters made by Arlene will be used as well. Thank you both for your hard work.

Sending hugs from Washington (same State, different town).