Sunday, November 26, 2017

Here is another little update.

Goodmorning everybody!

I just really ordered myself to sigt down at the computer and first read a few bblogs, cannot do them all because it takes too much time now.
And then I wanted to give you an update on Jan.
Jan still received till last Friday the 4 hours cyclus shots with the medicin for the kidneys. It helped really good, so now they want to see if they can do the job for themselves.
He also is off infusions, which is wonderful. It all started a bit to hurt.
Now he only still is on the catheter, so doctors can check on the amount of urine he is producing.
Looks to go well. But now there still is the other problem of the retaining so much fluid in the belly. And now he also has fluid in his underlegs and feet. As it is no option for Jan to do a liver transplant(he doesn;t want to undergo that), the doctors now perhaps found another solution that may work. Not a 100% garatee, of course, but is has been done with rather good results. It is an operation, where they will make a kind of bypass in the liver, so that the bloodvain that has to tranpost fluid in and out will be taken almost out of order so to say. They will make a little vain just beside it through the liver. it will be done through a bloodvain in the neck, passing close to his heart and going into the liver and out there again. That should solve the problem of not transporting the body fluids through the liver.
First they had to make an echo of the heart to see if that would be strong enough. His heart is in very good condition, no problem there.
Now probably Monday he will have a CT scan to see if vains are good enough.
I am not completely aware of how the whole surgery will be done, if I am lucky I will see the doctor again today, who will give a second explanation of it I guess. f I don;t see him, at least Jan will have the conversation.
So again exciting times next week,]
One thing is for sure: the doctors are doling all they can for Jan now and give him all the tests and options and everything and are keeping good control on him.
I have no idea if they will take off some of the fluid in Jan;s belly before the surgery first. If they will drain him, they already said that they will do it slowly and gradually, because they want to prevent that his kidneys will have another blow by it. They work now rather good again, and they want to keep it that way. They already had some severe blows the last month or so.!

I try to get some work done here in the house at the times I am home, but to be honest, not much is coming out of my hands now.
I get up in the morning, first do the feeding of the parakeets(LOL), then take a cup of tea, looks at the news on tv, then it is about time to have some breakfast, then most of the time I do some housework, like a vacuum clean. After that I take a cup of coffee and then go out to do some shopping. Not so much for myself, but there are always things Jan likes to have(or also that I think he could be happy with).
Then it is time to have a sandwich, then I can sit for a moment and then I go to hospital around 2.30 a.m. Most of the time I walk, it is just a 20 minutes walk and it is good for me. Then after my visit, I go home by tram around 5.30 am. Home i close the curtains, put on the lights, put on the oven if i have something to warm up, or I make myself a little supper. In between  change into my cosy lounge pyjama.
Dinner ready, I eat it watching some tv, then put the stuff away, and settle down on the couch with most of the time some knitting.
And often around 9.30 or so in the evening, when watching e.g. a detective, I notice that I missed a part of the story, LOL!
Then my eyes closed without me noticing it really. Okay, it is not a real problem, most of the time I take another hot drink, some tea, or even coffee, because I don;t want to go to sleep too early. But around 11.30 or so I give in and go to sleep. Some nights I sleep all the way through till may be 7.30 p.m. and other times I wake up once or twice.

I am glad the weather isn;t too bad most of the times. Of course temperatures are dropping by now,  they don;t reach more then may be 8 degrees C, still there is no frost yet at night. At least not here at the coast.
There is some sun, some days cloudy and grey with a bit of rain, all together not yet so very bad.
The worst thing is that it is still so dark in the mornings and that ir is dark so soon in the afternoon. I am much more a summer person, with long days in daylight.
If all goes well I can bring a Christmasbox to the postoffice next week, and it should arrive in time I hope.
And also soon time comes for decorating for Christmas, but I don´t know if I will do it this year. Yes, I will put on the tree and the little manger, but perhaps I will do not as much as other years. Depends a bit on how things will go with the surgery and so on.
Good,  will finish now, because I should take a little breakfast now, then dress and then go to town to see if I can find a pair of slippers for Jan. He has a pair, but they are at there end of use, so he can do with a good pair, specially with the problem of the fluid in his feet.
He can walk around when I visit him, )and it is good for him to walk a little bit) but he cannot put on his shoes now, so needs a good pair of slippers. And  notice that after a little walk in the hospital and perhaps sit for a little while at the hospital "restaurant", he gets tired very quickly.
That's no miracle, he has almost no condition, no fat reserves or whatever. That's another thing that will have to worked on, but let's take things one by one and day by day for now!

Big thanks to all of you again for your support and good wishes and prayers. Hopefully Jan will be home soon and with good prospects of healing and getting to his old himself again, or at least more or less.
Till next time.


Corrine Corbin said...

Some good news in the update...very thankful for that.I'm sure you have great doctors there and they are doing all they can to get Jan through this situation. I will keep him in my prayers and you also. We can't forget the stress you are under and I will remember to ask in my prayers for strength for you also.

I'm sort of looking forward to the doctor visit I am scheduled for on the 19th of December.My ear is looking really good now but they will still have to check and see that the piece they cut off the top of the ear was all of the cancer or they will have to cut another slice off or maybe freezing the area at the top of the ear will kill the cancer cells if any were left. It does make me very watchful of the skin all over my body to make sure I don't have any more that pop up elsewhere. A friend of our says she has them pop up on the end of her nose and they have to scrap them off.

Time to check a few more blogs and then make some coffee...gotta have my coffee fix in the morning. In the afternoon I switch to Root Beer but the kind I drink these days is not carbonated and isn't diet. I only drink the carbonated diet drinks at restaurants or fast food places anymore. Better for my system.

Sending hugs to you and Jan.
Sending prayers for you both.

Edna B said...

My goodness, you are sounding so much better today. Your smile is beautiful, don't lose it! I'm so glad that things might be looking up for Jan soon. Hopefully, this new option will work well, and he'll be able to come home soon. I know this will make you feel so much better too.

I think it's awesome that you have the parakeets to tend to every morning. Nature's tiny critters are blessings.

I'm finally getting the energy spurts needed to start with the wrapping and packaging. One would think that I would be done by now. Alas, some days I procrastinate too much and then I get behind. hahaha.

Kyra, you have an awesome day and say hello to that wonderful man of yours. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello Kyra, Thank you for your update. It is good that Jan is doing better and hopefully the surgery you spoke about helps him a lot.
It sounds like you are resting when you can which is very good.
Best wishes to you both...

Keryn Suthers said...

Day at a time Kyra. God is working in Jan's life. Please take time for yourself, don't worry about the housework - a bit of dust on furniture or dirt on the floor isn't important. Continued prayers for you and Jan. Sending hugs from Australia x