Sunday, June 18, 2017

I was a bit of a busy bee this morniing

Goodafternoon everybody!

This morning I slept a bit later than usual, but never mind. Then after my morning tea(yes, since I have the stomach trouble, I drink less cofee and start the day with tea), I first took something to eat, than a shower and then started the washing machine. In the mean time I took a cup of coffee in the garden, because we have such lovely weather at the moment.
Then I prepared dinner for Jan this evening. Mine is already there, I will eat some left over from yesterday, which is spiced noodles with some chicken and I can take a fried egg with it if it will not be enough. And we both will have some strawberries with cream(and sugar for me too).
Dinner for Jan ready, then I made the bed. I changed the duvets for just a double sheet, because the duvets are too warm at the moment.
Then laundry was ready, so I could hang it out to dry.
Also washed the mugs and some more stuff, and by then I though I earned some computer time to update my blog.
So I was quite a busy bee till now.

Not very much happened actually this week. Oh yes, Jan had his control appointment with his doctor for his liver/stomach. All was well, so happy news. Next one will be in December again.
Gosh, yesterday  walked a lot around LOL. I was up rather early because I woke up by some strange noise. Appeared the neighbours from the appartment above us were having a rebuild or alteration again! There were some guys busy tossing stones and such into a big container from the window of appartment(and that made that noise that woke me up). Well, after I looked through the curtains, and looked to one of the guys that by chance was near the container for a moment) they stopped for a while with it and continued later in the morning. Okay, not best sound but didn;t take too long.
Then when Jan woke up and looked to the container he noticed that there were lots of good carpet floor tiles in there. I already was dressed, so went to the appartment and rang the doorbell. ne of the contractors opened and I asked him, if it would be okay to take some of the tiles out f the container. It was no problem, so Jan and I took out quite a large quantity(they were practically brandnew!) and now we can use them for the little hall and perhaps even for the bedroom! would be great, because the carpet there is really at it's end.
Wow, good deal, having fantastic carpet floortiles for nothing!

After this small adventure  I went for a bit of grocerie shopping, Then I couldn;t find good strawberries(and the ones in our supermarket were much too expensive, really). So after I first made dinner (the noodles, chicken with peanut sauce) so it would be ready when Jan came home I walked to the market. It was great weather, so it was good to be out. I found some strawberries and also bought us a kilo cherries for a really good price and they are yummie!
And I also found already a Christmaspresent for someone.
So all together I think I deserved some "free time"today LOL!

Now i feel i need to eat a little sandwich. So I will do that sitting in the garden, under the parasol(otherwise it will be much too warm in the sun at the moment.)
I have for you the clusters from the In Wonderland kit, made by arlene, of course.
This week we should have fabulous weather, days with temperatures around 26-27C(later in the week one day temps will drop for a day and the go up again to around 25C). so good for the garden, only thing a bit less good is that we will have no rain, so we will have to water the garden every day or two.
Never mind too much. Oh our tomatoe plants are starting to have some blssoms, so may be later we even will have some own grown tomatoes. We'll see how big the crop will be hahaha.
Have a wonderful day and week ahead.
Download   HERE

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello dear friend Kyra! So very sorry it has been so long since I visited...I just DO NOT KNOW where the time goes...just keeps speeding up and slipping away from me. I stay busy, cleaning, shopping (for fur babies), scrapping and doctor appts. The weather has been so terrible with heat/humidity that staying inside in the AC is mandatory for me! I have a sick fur baby that is requiring a lot of my attention too!
Your photos of your garden are awesome, and yes the free carpet tiles are a great deal. I think I finally caught my blog up from a month ago! You and Jan enjoy your nice weather now. Thanks so much for the gifts from you and Arlene. Chat more with you later! Lots of hugs sent to you! Mat

Edna B said...

My goodness, you did such a lot of work in a short space. You definitely earned computer time! I'm glad to hear that Jan did so well at his appointment. It's always good to hear such nice news about a friend.

Wow, you got lucky with those carpet tiles. I think that is just wonderful. Just be careful when you two start putting those tiles down on the floors.

Now I'm off to post on my own blog. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these lovely clusters.
Kyra, thank you for the links for the 91 year old gymnast, she is amazing...