Friday, October 30, 2015

Still nice weather over here

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, it is still nice weather here, most of the time. we even had one or two days temps around 16-17 C, which is wonderful and lots of sunshine. And this weekend it will stay about the same.
So Wednesday afternoon I fianlly got on my garden boots and went in with my pruning scissor.
And yes, suddenly we don;t have any dahlia's anymore. I decided it was abut time to cut them down, let them "recover"a bit from it and them perhaps take out the bulbs this weekend.
I did cut off all the flowers they still had and they are now giving us a last show in a vase in the room.
Gosh, with all those stems cut down in the garden we suddenly have a lot of almost empty space there.
Jan also cleared  out some of the pots with annuals, threw the soil on a spot in a border and that will be good for use again next spring, I think.

I also took a day"off"and went kind of Christmas shopping, but that wasn;t a big success. Why don;t I learn from the past? Whenever I go specially out for Christmasshopping, for presnets I mean, I almost never come back with something. It seems as if my brain is kind of blocking and getting uncreative and without fantasy and such. So most of the time I do my best buys at times when I am out for something else, I just have to stumble upon things.
Hmmm, it is a bit frustrating, abd I only have now one more mounth to find some things. Still I am nt desperate, all will turn out well, it always does LOL.

h, Jan also took out our manger, and have a look at it. I realized, that I have this "stable" already all the time Jan and  are together, (23 years), and then I know we had it at my parents house(where I lived too) for many years. So I guess it has and age of around 35 years! You can say my father did a good job when he made it. But now it was showing a little decay, so Jan now repaird it, still has to give the whole thing a new coat of varnish and it will live on for many years more.
Yes, tomorrow is Halloween, which we don;t celebrate so much as in other countries, but after that we only have a bit more than a month before we start decorating for Christmas.! I almost cannot believe it.
To all of you who do celebrate Halloween I say: have a wonderful Halloween and lots of fun.
And to make some happy memories I have another kit for you, named it "Goosebumps"  and also will post the clusters and quickpage Arlene made you.

Have a fantastic weekend.

 Download kit HERE
Download QP's and cluster HERE

7 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. What a fun kit, and Arlene's QP's are great. Wow, I tried sleeping late this morning, but it did not last too long. The phone rang and I had to get up. Sadly, it was one of those "no one on the line" calls.

I suppose it was good not to get up too late though. I have things to do today. The bills have to be paid, and later Joe and I will go food shopping. Well, at least that is the plan.

I've been watching the news, and the stores are all starting their Christmas sales November 1. It's sad that we will have to be looking at Christmas decorations and listening to the music when we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet.

Today is starting out sunny, but quite a bit cooler than yesterday. Still it is nice. Well, I have my coffee now so it's time for me to go post on my own blog. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you - love your work.

Grandma Sarge said...

Another cute kit. Thanks to you and Arlene. I love it!

Stacey said...

so glad your weather isn't too cold yet! enjoy the last of your flowers. I love halloween! this is awesome. thanks so much to you and Arlene. I have to run and clean out 2 more pumpkins, then carve them before the kids start arriving. I have the candy all ready to pass out. I love halloween!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good morning...seems like you have been very busy. Me, not so much other than using some QPs and creating so pages for family and friends. I don't seem to be able to sit at the computer as much as I would like anymore unless I get a few pain patches and put on my neck and shoulders....LOL...signs of getting old when arthritis likes to visit more than I want it too! Damp weather definitely does not help, but I refuse to give in....ROFL!
The kit and treats from Arlene look terrific and I will be back to download them later...seems Mediafire is wanting to act up this morning...Ok, off here to fix some breakfast, got the house swept and the vacuum run, the litter boxes cleaned and all the fur babies fed and the ones inside have had their morning "bath" and are ready for a snooze....got one more visit on the blogs to make and then it will be time for NASCAR races...so I must get myself fed and the kitchen cleaned before I can just sit and watch it...chat more with you later and thanks for all the goodies...Hugs, Mat

Snowy said...

Weather here is grey and damp today ....yeah, I'm still alive ,lol
Hugs Snowy :)

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for the Goosebumps kit. Arlene you did a great job with the QPs...