Monday, October 25, 2010

Strange weekend

Goodmorning everybody!

It was really a strange kind of weekend. Not that we did much, or did extra-ordinary things, but just by events that happened and not all were very happy news.
Hope you read my extra post I made yesterday, about the passing away from Edna's brother. That swept me a bit of my feet, although we knew it would happen soon.
I was all day a bit feeling strange, thinking a lot of Edna and her family, because these days will be very difficult for them.
Then there came the news, that Minky would be away for a while of her blogs, because she had to undergo an operation on a crushed finger! Bad news never comes alone!

We didn;t do much this weekend, kept ourselves very quiet, and why not? I kept busy at the computer, started with a couple of kits and finished two. Did even a challenge for the forum, spread a bit the work for nect month between Snowy, Nana and me, so that Snowy had a bit more time yesterday, on her only day off before she travels to the USA!
We also have a new Creative Member who will help us with the weekly downloads at the forum! It is Miriam, from http://miriams-scrap.blogspot.com/. 
We are giving her a bit time to get settled with us and she will start the collab with the January weekly download. I don;t know it you know her work already, but you should take a look at her blog. She is really making beautiful quickpages and also now and then she offers a free kit too. It's a lady with a lot of taste and charm in her work.

I will show you the layout I've made for the forum, for the word challenge. It was "adventure"and I found a beautiful quote for it:
That is about all there is to tell, seems not much happened and was done, but there was a lot of emailing to do and it's nice if you can find some time for it to do it properly LOL.
I have a one colour scheme kit for you today, in a favourite colour of mine, purple! It is named "Positive Purple"Hope you will like it.
Have a nice day and may be you can pass on Edna's blog to leave her some words of encouragement and compassion. Thanks.
Download     HERE

4 comments:

Edna B said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and kind thoughts. My brother was a sweetie and I'm missing him. Knowing you are there for me is very comforting, my friend. Thank you.

Your layout for "Adventure" is lovely. The colors and background are so fitting for the verse.

Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

marzenna79 said...

Thank you Kyra for violrt freebie, mmmmmmmm, beautiful, hugs, kisses.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. Purple is my favorite color too.