Sunday, September 09, 2018

We cleared a bit the garden.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Hmmmm, I am kind of late today. But I had some late winks this morning, I was up rather early, but after a while my shutters fell down again, so  took some extra sleep. Probably needed some.
Jan also slept late today, but that more because he didn;t sleep a lot last night. Probably caused by some caughing he did almost all the time.
It started yesterday late afternoon, and it didn;t stop. we took his temperature, but that was normal(I already was glad about that). I think he caught a cold or so which is playing those tricks with him.
Well, he just has to "sit"it out, I suppose. You know how he is about going to our doctor with things( very difficult, must be very bad before he makes an appointment, sigh!).
May be the weather in the cming days will help somewhat, next few days, at least till Wednesday, temps will rise again to around 22C, sometimes with some clouds, but also lots of sunshine and probably no rain. Then they say on the weather channel that the temperatures will drop again somewhat to around 19C. Okay, I can live with that, although the 22-23C sounds better , hahaha.

Last week and start of this one, we filled a lot of big plastic sacks with lots of pruning stuff, weeds and mostly dried pine needles that comes of the huge fir tree of the neighbour. Alltogether I think we filled  around 10 big sacks. So I called the city council to have those sacks picked up by the "garden-garbage"truck. We had to put the stuff outside on Thursday evening and yeah, oh miracle, they did pick it up on Friday!

What happened the rest of the week? I cannot remember much so it must have been a rather quiet week. Funny thing though happened.
During the week I was thinking about Jan's sister, who lives in Belgium now. They don;t have a lot of contact but the last couple of years a bit more. So I though I should send her a little email this weekend, just to say we were more or less okay and such. And what happened? before I did so, she was on the phone yesterday. Strange things sometimes happen.

I also did some designing on the computer, I am busy with one kit, but it is only progressing slowly. So that one I couldn;t finish for this weekend. I already had that feeling midweek or so, which made me decide to make a smaller one, so that I had at least something for you to download. Pffff, I just finished it yesterday afternoon and got it uploaded this morning. Near escape ROFL!

Oh, sometimes there are happy things that happen! There was a huge problem about deporting two children from the Netherlands back to Armenia. Those children came here as they were 2/3 years old, so they lived all their life here in the Netherlands, folowed dutch school, talk Dutch as native language etc. First it has to nbe said that of course lots of refugees that come here cannot stay here, at least, they have to go back to their country when that is safe for them. And there are also lots of "economical"refugees trying to get asylum here, which is a different category, so to speak. But sometimes there are circumstances that you just cannot strickly follow the law only.
I have two newspaper articles for you(if you want to know more about this case). Those children were in suspence till almost the last minute(they must have almost a trauma about it now, they certainly need peace and quiet now and some stability), but then suddenly the minister who decided they had to go, changed his mind(well, perhaps he didn;t completely by heart, but he used his right of discretion) and the children can stay in the Netherlands. And I am very happy about it.
Those children would have had a very uncertain future in Armenia, whcih no one could want for them.
No, I am not saying that it should happen for everybody, but one thing that is causing this "problem"is that the procedures are taking much too long time(sometimes 5 to 10 years, like with these children), and that is no good at all.
And there are still some cases like this one, also with children that are already here from very young age and don;t get a permit to stay after 8 or 10 years. That isn;t right. They are brought up herespeak Dutch, are Dutch as we, followed school etc. You cannot be serious to send them back to their native country, with which they have no connection at all.
I know, it is a tricky subject to discuss and very difficult to handle, but in a certain number of cases government should give children a "pardon", meaning they can stay here as Dutch citizen and live and built their their life here.
Okay, enough said, here are the two links to the articles, that explain not all, but a bit about the case.
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/09/lili-and-howick-deportation-will-go-ahead-as-last-ditch-legal-attempt-fails/

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/09/minister-changes-his-mind-lili-and-howick-can-stay-in-the-netherlands/

Enough rambling now, time to say goodbye and give you the download for the small kit, named Autumn is Close.
Have a fantastic week ahead and if all is well, I will be there again next Sunday.


Download    HERE

5 comments:

Edna B said...

This is a pretty little kit. Thank you. As for the cool temps, they are too cool too soon. Our temps have dropped down to 59F degrees this morning with a high of 63F degrees for today. I will need to wear a jacket when I go out today.

My gardens need a lot of work. I think next year I'm going to have to hire someone to come here part time to do the garden work. Would you believe my tomatoes are finally beginning to grow?

I think your surprise phone call was wonderful. Isn't it funny how some things work out? Sometimes when I'm thinking of someone, they either call or send an email. Truly a nice surprise.

I hope Jan's cold goes away quickly. I'm sending good thoughts his way. You take care and have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks a lot my friend...still not on the computer much anymore, but do love the kits for when I am in a scrapping mood. Appreciate you for all you share! Hugs, Mat

Grandma Sarge said...

It is pretty kit, I agree with Edna. I just came back from a short shopping trip. I say short because I usually get lost at least once a trip down my street. And I make maps. I get into s store and by the time I'm done shopping some one has turned the city around. lol The thing about this town is nothing runs in a straight line. And I can't get the GPS to work.

Thank you for the kit. I'm looking forward to some clusters from Arlene.

God Bless you both.

Linda said...

Hello Kyra, Thank you for this pretty Autumn is Near download...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyra,

Playing catch up reading your blog. I'm sorry Jan has a cold. I said a prayer for him. Love your scrap kits! Thank you so much for your time and talent.

So sorry about the children. We had issues in America too about that subject. Myself, I feel the children had no say in where their parents took them so they should not be punished. Whatever is best for them is what should be done. No politics should be involved. Children's best interests should ALWAYS come first. Just my opinion.

Love and Prayers,
Cassie<3