Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tropical days arriving in Holland!

 Somehow this post seems not to be published on the blog.
So, two days later I am publishing again and hoping all goes well.



Goodafternoon everybody!

I am a bit late today, but I did try to catch a bit of extra sleep this morning and then I first prepared the dinner for this evening and started the washing machine.
That will about all I do today, LOL!
The weather has been fantastic, only minus on it is that we didn;t have any rain and there isn;t some to come either in the next week. May be here and there a little shower in the south or east part, but even that isn;t sure.
And next week they say we will have even much warmer weather, unto 30-32C! And that is tropical weather overhere!
Now i do like summer weather but perhaps that will even be a bit too much for me. However, I will not complain, never know how quick it can be over with again.
Still it is a good thing for the people who have their vacation now, specially the ones that stay into this country.

I wasn;t all too busy this week, I tend to get rather lazy lately. I wonder if that has to do something with the warmer weather for longer time?? Perhaps, or it just could be me, not willing to spend too much energy at the moment, or something like that.

The garden is still doing well, despite the shortage on water. We do water the garden, but only 2-3 times a week with the hose and yes, we have to water the pots by hand every day, but it isn;t a bad job.
Tomatoes are growing, we have already ONE tomatoe, a small one, that is almost ready to be picked, yeah!!! And I saw that on another plant(a different species) there is a rather big one starting to get some color. WOW! Never mind how many we will have, as long as we can harvest some it will be nice, it is all about the fun to succeed in growing some food.

Last week I went to center of town, just to look around and had one or two things I had to buy there. Walking in one of the streets I suddenly heard a lovely sound.............. and it was a street musician, a younger girl, playing a ..... harp! That isn;t an instrument you see often with street musicians. I stopped for a moment to listen to her and she played very well and with lots of feeling. It really brightened my day!

Time for me now to see about the laundry and then have a sandwich or something and then sit down in the garden for a while.
I have a new kit for you, named  Close to the Seaside
Have a wonderful week!
Download  HERE

8 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I agree about the tropical weather. I try not to complain much because I'm reminded that the winter snow and cold isn't all that far off. This is good weather for sitting in the shade with a nice fan and a cold drink of water.

I love birds and the ocean, so I'm looking forward to opening this new kit. Thank you. Today I think I'm going to watch TV and crochet. Pogo is lying on his chair beneath the ceiling fan. Just chillin! You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

SiskiyouSue said...

Thank you. I look forward to your kits, with beautiful things in them.

Molly said...

Wow, I would love to have 30-32deg .. we are in the midst of winter and it is very cold!! And I hate the cold :( Home grown fruit and veg always tastes better than store bought, I think!! Thanks for the beautiful mini! Is that a pelican?? They are similar to here in Aus, but ours have pink beaks (I can't think of the proper word at the moment!!). They are my favourite birds, and I have taken lots of pics of them. Have a great day :)

Donna said...

Thanks so much for this great kit! I love it.
Hugs Donna

Scarette said...

Thank you for your generous and beautiful freebie! It has been a mostly warm summer here. But Michigan weather is unpredictable. It can be 90 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next day. I must apologize for the Fahrenheit temperatures. I'm just a bit more familiar with temperatures expressed this way.

All the BEST to you.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for both of the kits. I'm going to use the seaside one since that's where my family went.

I haven't done much on the cptr...been putting my new house in order. Will tell the story on the blog.

Grand daughter & her daughter have moved to California but I didn't go with them. Too much going on in CA so I'll find a quiet corner of Washington to live in and I did.

Hugs from Washington

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download...

JustJo63-AussieNut said...

It's still very hot where I live in California!
Thanks so much for this lovely kit x x x