Sunday, March 04, 2018

Does Murphy's law exist in triple????

Goodafternoon everybody!

A quick post, because i cannot sit too long at the computer.
Why?
Well, last Tuesday I went out to do some shopping at the nearby supermarket. Almost ready, had to take just one more thing, and returning to my shopping cart somebody took a step backwards as I passed and .... wham....... there I was lying on the floor!
I took a bad fall, most of it on my right knee, it did really hurt.
But okay, took a little pause and then stumbled back home. Glad I still could walk.
As soon as I was home I cooled the knee and put on a bandage.
Of course just this week my doctor was on holiday!
Never mind, I could wait for a while and see how it went with the healing.
I think I got possibly some strapped knee straps and some muscles took a good stretch. I can walk, but must be very careful, because at times my knee doesn+t completely cooperate.
Anyway, it is something I could do without!!!!
It is getting better slowly, but I will try to get an appointment at my doctor tomorrow and let him check, and see what he says. It will be very busy there  I think, also because of the long lasting flu!
It will probably be something that will take time to recover, damn!!
Lucky i just did some shopping. So we could live on for some days, LOL.
Still later on we needed some milk, bread and some other things.
So Jan went out for it. It was a hard journey for him, walking to the supermarket, look around for the things I wrote down and come back again. He was totally exhausted by it.( I was afraid for it in advance, that it would be a bit too much for him and said, that I also could ask Heidi to bring us some stuff, but he didn;t want that. Oh, stubborn men!!!!!)

Well, let's hope that my knee soon will be good enough to walk some distance with it.
One good thing is that the weather slowly is getting somewhat better.
At least the hard frost is almost gone, temperatures will be around zero at night and at daytime we might reach 6-8C. Best will be that the winddirection changes to south, or south east.

 So, that is the news of last week. Will there come finaly a period of total boredom and quietness, so that we first can sort out all the small or bigger problems and then enjoy some time without any startling events? I surely hope so, because this all is getting very depressing.
Hard sometimes to keep some optimism, but we must!
So to end this aweful post with some cheer, here is a new kit for you and then I must sit down on the couch and give the knee some rest.
Have a great week!
Download   HERE


7 comments:

Scarette said...

Thank you for this very lovely and optimistic kit. I am also optimistic than next week will be much better for you!

Edna B said...

Oh Kyra, please do see your doctor as soon as possible. This could be serious. The supermarket should have taken you to the emergency room to have your knee xrayed.

Gosh, I feel so bad for both you and Jan. It's hard to take care of each other when we get sick or take a fall. I'm praying that you both get well really soon.

Beth, Pogo and I are in Florida. The weather here is gorgeous!
I hope your day is super, my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

It sounds like you're on a streak of bad luck. I've seen people uses crutches to get around with a bad knee. They have a sling that lifts the leg into a bent position so it's up off the ground and they walk with the crutches on other leg. And one young lady came by our house for a BBQ and she had done something nasty to her right foot. She had scooter/seat on wheels and she had her bad leg on the scooter and she pushed herself around like that. But thinking about it, it might not work too well if you have to kneel on the scooter on the injured knee. Or borrow a wheel chair from the rental place.

Anyway, I hope you get it healed up soon. Thanks for the lovely kit.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you so much! Hope your knee heals quickly.

Beth Reed said...

Oh Kyra, I really hope that your doing alright. I am so very sorry about your fall. How terrible and I can sympathize how much it must have exhausted Jan. I do hope that your leg and Jan get much better soon...
Thank you for the kit. It is so pretty.... Thank You... Hugs xxxx Beth

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download. I hope your knee is starting to feel better...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello Kyra! No, I did not drop off the face of this earth! I have just NOT been in the mood to BLOG, scrapbook, read or anything else you might think of! I was on some medications that kept my life in harmony, that MEDICARE thinks is not good for "old" people and advised my physician to stop refilling it or lose compensation to his office (not even if I pay cash for it)....so....that harmony was interrupted and it is taking me a while to get ADJUSTED, especially my attitude! Now I think I am back on the road to becoming civil again and will be back into the fun real soon.
I am happy to hear about Jan feeling better, but very upset about your situation now! hope you feel better soon. Thank so much for the lovely gifts from you and Arlene! I hope to chat more a little later and to get back to blogging again too! My ATTITUDE is still trying to adjust a bit....LMBO! Have a great rest of this week. Hugs, Mat