Sunday, February 11, 2018

Winter Olympics started.

Goodmorning everybody!

Weather report LOL! We had some rather cold days, but now temperature is going up a tiny bit. Still possible to have some frost during the night( in our part it will be just 0 or-1C) and at daytime around 5-7C. Not too bad, and it is good to have some sunshine every now and then, evenif it is cold outside.

We had a rather good week, tried to keep it boring and I managed to accomplish that more or less, ROFL.
Jan was at his doctor's and she still seemed to be moderately pleased. He had a little augmentation of the fluid regulation tablets, she wanted to see how that worked on him. He cannot take however too much, because that works a bit on his concentration and such. So it is a delicate balance to find. Still in general it is going not bad, just will need it's time. Pity he had a kind of off-day on Friday, probavly caught a little cold or so, he slept a lot that day and next day already felt a lot better. On top of that we had a telephonecall on Friday from his younger brother that another brother passed away. He was ill already for a long time so probably for him a good thing he passed away.
Jan didn;t had contact with that brother for a long time, too much seemed to have happened in the past. Still it isn;t a nice message to receive.
It makes you realize again, that life plays it's tricks and also that we are getting older. Oh well, we cannot change that, just have to deal with it.

yesterday I went to Heidi for a quick birthday visit. Her daughter Séverine reached the sweet 16 age! Gosh, how fast time goes. I still see her as little girl, you know!

And this week the Winter Olympics started. I watched the opening and I must say it was fantastic!
and wow, the Games started well for us, we have gold, silver and bronze on speedskating for women on the 3000 mtrs, we have silver in shorttrack 1500 mtr. for men and gold on speedskating 5000 mtr for men! Not bad for a little country. Also great to see our king present at those events, he is a huge fan of speedskating and he was just sitting in between the public and cheering and jumping as everybody else.

So now I think I will finish this post, I'd like to sit down on the couch for a while, have a sandwich and a coffee and watch some more Olympics, I think. Later today I will spend a bit of time in the kitchen, preparing our dinner. I think I will make some leek in the oven, I will make a bechamel sauce, with some cheese and ham, put it over the cooked leeks and put it in the oven later, to let the cheese melt. Yummie. A piece of chicken filet and may be some potato croquettes.

I have a kit for you, named Vraiment Chic, and I think you could use it also for some Valentine layouts. I feel generous today(hahaha) and will give you the clusters from Arlene as well.
Have a good day and week ahead, stay safe and healthy!

Download    HERE

Download    HERE




9 comments:

Edna B said...

My goodness, Severine really has grown up fast. When we are raising the children, time seems to linger. But when we get older we realize how quickly the time really passed.

I'm glad that Jan is still doing good. Hopefully, the fluid problem will be resolved soon. Your kit and Arlene's clusters are lovely. I love the doll and the cardinal. Thank you. Hopefully, I'll feel better soon so I can work on my computer again.

You have a great week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

J-me (J-me's Simple Tags) said...

So beautiful. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Scarette said...

What lovely rich colors! Thanks for your generous gift!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy Valentine's Day to both you and Jan and to sweet Arlene too! Thanks for the lovely freebies...I, too, have been glued to the TV for the Olympic games and since they are on so late...even though I am taping them...I nap as I can during the day so not at the computer too much! LOL! Have a great rest of the week. Hugs, Mat

Grandma Sarge said...

Such a lovely kit. I hope I can use it for some pictures I'm going to be working on soon. Many thanks for the kit and for Arlene putting together the clusters for me.
God Bless and sending well wishes to Jan. Get well soon.

Beth Reed said...

Kyra,
Thank you so much for your sweet kits and of course a Thank You to Arlene as well.
It is good that Jan is doing as well as he is from his illness. So sorry to hear his brother passing away but I understand how past can cause separation in families. It is still sad but your right, you have to just deal with it.
I have not watched the Olympics but I have sort of kept up here and there with the news. It is wonderful your King was able to be among the fans and see them perform as well.
I am hoping that Spring arrives quickly for you and that Jan and yourself can get out and about more. It will do him so much good and the sunshine as well.
I have been doing better and hope to continue and be able to spend more time creating some pages. Right now I am working on a day planner for my sister.
Hugs to you and take care and have an awesome week... Hugs and more Hugs, xxx Beth

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these lovely downloads.
Time does go so quickly...

Jerrie said...

Thank You for the pretty gifts!