Friday, January 13, 2017

A year older, better not think about it LOL!

Goodmorning everybody!

This morning we had some light wet-snow fall, but it wasn;t for long I think it was a lot more in the east of the country.
At the moment it looks dry outside, even some sunshine, but that will not stay for long They are expecting a stormy wind today at the coast with rainshowers, not nice weather and later next week it will become dryer but also colder. Well, cold with almost no wind and snow-or rainfall is to handle, as long as it doesn't stay on too long LOL.

Last weekend  had my birthday, yes, I made it and have become a year older. Better not to think too much about it.
It was a quiet day, I did get some phonecalls and cards and a birthdaypresent from my friend Edna. She had made me a bracelet with all kind of special beads on it, like a windmill, a Dutch flag, a little cat, a birthdaycake, a US heart shaped flag, and some beads with flowers. I should have taken a photo of it but I was lazy Shame on me, but it doesn;t mean I am less happy with the present. It will be very special to me, always
Jan and i already long ago agreed not to buy any presents for eachother for birthdays and such. It is hard to find something nice and at the moment we just cannot really afford it. I don;t mind, I did het a big hug and kiss from him and now he also is a happy man again for a few weeks! Why?? well, some of you may know and others don't, but Jan will have his birthday in 3 weeks time, so for now he is the youngest in the house(we have the same year of birth!).
We had however a nice meal and I bought us a little cake to eat with our after-dinner coffee.

This week i had to visit the internist for the result of the ultrasound and biopsy of the thyroid. She said all was well, not strange tissue or cells were found so I don;t have to come back anymore. Now that kind of news  like to hear, hoorray.

Jan is still having a kind of cold, that keeps going on. He still is coughin, although it is less than before, so it is getting better But because of that coughin, specially at night it is coming up, he didn't sleep very well, and still isn;t doing all to great on that point. So he is feeling rather tired. 
But as I say, it is going better slowly, so let's keep good hope.
Seems there is spooking a flu around at the moment that is quite persistent and takes a long time to heal. He may have caught a side virus of it.
The other evening on the news on tv they had an item about hospitals,that are coping with shortage of beds for all patients and also shortage of staff .Here  a part of the Dutch News.nl that i borrowed from the net:
 Several Dutch hospitals have stopped admitting new patients because of the flu epidemic, Dutch media said on Thursday. A surge in the number of elderly flu sufferers, in particular, is straining services in some parts of the country. Two hospitals in Brabant have introduced a patient stop while the Westfriesgasthuis hospital in Hoorn has sent some patients to other hospitals in Friesland.The Albert Schweitzer hospital in Dordrecht is also referring patients elsewhere. ‘People with flu are not usually admitted but vulnerable elderly people can become very ill indeed,’ a spokesman for the Hoorn hospital said.

Read more at DutchNews.nl: Hospitals stop admitting new patients as flu epidemic continues http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2017/01/99932-2/
Several Dutch hospitals have stopped admitting new patients because of the flu epidemic, Dutch media said on Thursday. A surge in the number of elderly flu sufferers, in particular, is straining services in some parts of the country. Two hospitals in Brabant have introduced a patient stop while the Westfriesgasthuis hospital in Hoorn has sent some patients to other hospitals in Friesland.The Albert Schweitzer hospital in Dordrecht is also referring patients elsewhere. ‘People with flu are not usually admitted but vulnerable elderly people can become very ill indeed,’ a spokesman for the Hoorn hospital said.

Read more at DutchNews.nl: Hospitals stop admitting new patients as flu epidemic continues http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2017/01/99932-2/
Several Dutch hospitals have stopped admitting new patients because of the flu epidemic, Dutch media said on Thursday. A surge in the number of elderly flu sufferers, in particular, is straining services in some parts of the country. Two hospitals in Brabant have introduced a patient stop while the Westfriesgasthuis hospital in Hoorn has sent some patients to other hospitals in Friesland.The Albert Schweitzer hospital in Dordrecht is also referring patients elsewhere. ‘People with flu are not usually admitted but vulnerable elderly people can become very ill indeed,’ a spokesman for the Hoorn hospital said.

Read more at DutchNews.nl: Hospitals stop admitting new patients as flu epidemic continues http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2017/01/99932-2/


May be part of trouble could be also that a lot of elderly homes were closed and a lot of nursing staff lost their jobs, because of the idea that older people should stay  home as long as possible. But then there had to be caretakers at home and there aren;t enough of them either
Perhaps the ground idea is good, but it wasn;t thought through enough and not prepared well enoigh in advance. And at the moment there is a dramatic need of nursing staff of all kind.
There is shortage in budget and in people. Oh, if we only could spend all the budget that is spent on weapons all over the world to helath care, and preservation of nature! That would make a difference.
Alas, this is only a dream though and probably never will happen

The last couple of weeks I didn;t do much designing There was a lot of other stuff to do, then there were the holidays and so I do have to get back into gear again.Still, you don;t have to worry,  have some kits "in stock" and by the time I posted them all, I will have made news ones LOL.
Today I have a kit named"Souvenir" ,well the title says it all. Scrap your dearest souvenirs and cherish them. I close in the clusters from Arlene, wonderful as ever.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and week ahead and stay safe.

Download   HERE

Download   HERE



14 comments:

hummerdawn said...

Oh my goodness, Kyra. My very favourite bird and how I got my scrapping name-hummerdawn.
But I can't download it as it says error. Do you think you could fix it.
By the way, Happy Belated Birthday. Happy that your tests came out all good. That is a big relief for you and Jan.
We are having blizzards, blowing snow advisory, extreme cold warnings and next week it is going to be -2C. Crazy weather.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Link say error link not found and such a pretty kit too!

Unknown said...

Kyra,
Such a beautiful new kit, thank you. I will have to come back to download it as I am running a bit behind and have to get ready to see the doctor today. Annual first of the year visit.

I am really sorry that Jan still has that cold. There is a respiratory virus going around here that keeps some people sick for up to 8 to 12 weeks. 4 of my young great nephews and a great niece came down with it the day after Halloween and 2 are still sick, but they are back to school but 2 of them had to be admitted to the hospital for a week. And 2 different hospitals as one was a new born less than 2 months old and the other one has asthma really bad. Both were brothers so my niece couldn't travel the hour drive back and forth so she stayed with the baby and her husband stayed with their other son. They are home now, but still fearful of catching it again.
We have the same problems with hospital nursing staff. Right now I heard that the hospitals are all offering special perks to get more qualified nurses and doctors.

Your bracelet sounds beautiful. You can still post a photo... never to late. I am wearing mine to the doctor today. Speaking of doctor, I better get moving and get in the shower. I had lunch while sitting here typing to you... Hugs my friend and will speak to you soon. Beth xx

Sojournstar Media said...

Thank you for your beautiful graphics Kyra! Unfortunately your kit link for this post is not working...

Also, Happy Birthday! I am a Capricorn too, and Mine is Jan 16.... <3

Edna B said...

I'm so glad your tests came back so good!! Hopefully, Jan's cold will be healed really soon. You enjoy being the "eldest" one while you can. Our weather is up and down a lot this season, so there's lots of colds and viruses going around. Spring is only a couple months away. Woo Hoo!!

You have a super weekend my friend, hugs, Edna B.

SiskiyouSue said...

Thank you for the beautiful kit and cluster, and a very happy belated birthday. I agree, best not to dwell on them too long!

Grandma Sarge said...

I just downloaded the new kit and it's gorgeous. Thank you very much!
A friend who has a tractor is plowing the 15 inches of snow from our driveway and I just told him to dump it over the fence into the back yard. Spring will show up late next month and then it'll melt away. But it's sure nice of him to do this and he isn't charging us anything.

sherry said...

Beautiful kit !! Thank you :)
Love Hummingbirds

Snowy said...

Happy late Birthday hugs , Kyra :)
Oh boy.... the things I forget when I don't have time to catch up reading blogs ,lol.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello Kyra,

Sorry I missed your birthday, hope it was a very happy one! I've just been a little lax with my blog visiting and/or even being on my computer. We've had some really bad weather and I've been a little under the weather too! I thank you so much for the lovely gifts and of course, love Arlene's contribution too! Many hugs sent to both of you for a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2017! Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these wonderful downloads. Kyra, I wish you a belated Happy Birthday, it is good you enjoyed your special day. I also like your new background...

Cindy said...

Thank you for sharing they are very pretty

Shez said...

Gorgeous as always Kyra! Thank you and a late happy birthday:)

Shez said...

oops I forgot Arlene's beautiful frames. Thank you Arlene:)