Saturday, April 30, 2016

A rather cold King's Day this year.

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, there was again King's day, and it was happening last Wednesday. It was the birthday of our King Willem-Alexander and the family always celebrates it somewhere in the country. This time it was the town of Zwolle, in the eastern part of The Netherlands.
Everybody was fearing the day because of the weather, but all together it wasn;t as bad as thought. Okay, it was much too cold , but there was still some sun shining and dry.
I have a couple of pictures, first is of the Royal Family and the second is one of them enjoying the performance of a very popular band here, named Taifun.
Specially the princesses had a real good time there, jumping up and down and dancing on the music!!

We didn;t go out on Wednesday, because the weather was not nice at all here. Normally we go out and take a good walk around the free markets(jumble sales and flee markets) and such, but there was no fun to do so this year.

As I predicted, my visit at the doctor didnt last more than about 5 minutes. Well, she suggested that at a time perhaps a test could be done about my liver function. Nothing to worry about, just to have a control. It seems that using my medicins for it can have a side affect on the liver for a bit. But  have no complaints from side effects so she made a note for my house doctor and we'll see if he does anything with it. Hopefully not, I am done this year with test and hopistals and all that. More important now is the MRI scan Jan will have in May.

As I said we had some real nasty and cold weather( in the eastern part they even had some snow and hail!), but it seems that this week temperatures will slowly creep up to more normal of the time of year. Let's hope so and specially let's hope it will go up even more and stay around 21-26 C for a very very long time, LOL!

I have today some wonderful clusters and quickpages for you made by Arlene, with the Simplicity kit. They are marvellous.
In the mean time I am getting some new kits together, yes, slowly but steady.
I am not sure yet what i will do today. Depends a bit on how the weather will be this afternoon, I guess. Oh, well, a day lingering along at home, doing not much sounds also good to me. Let's just see and experience, hahaha.
Have a lovely weekend.
|
Download   HERE

3 comments:

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for the very pretty clusters!

Edna B said...

Your Royal Family is beautiful. What great photos of them having a good time. I agree about all the testing and such to be done for the rest of the year. It's good to have it all out of the way. I hope Jan's tests come back good too. Then you can sit back and enjoy the good weather that is surely coming your way.

Our temps aren't too bad, but the last couple of days have been quite cloudy. That's okay though. The grass and plants are happy.

Pogo will have a check up today, and then hopefully he will be all set till next year too. Arlene's new offering is quite lovely. I hope she is back to good health now too.

Now I'm off to do a few house chores. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely clusters Arlene and Kyra...