Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Bit of exciting week

Goodmorning everybody!

Best I try to do my post today, we have a funny week going on, sort of.
Last week Jan got a phonecall from the hospital about his new research stuff( endoscopie and probably too a gastroscopie, pffff), that they would post to him instructions and a prescription for some medicins he has to take before the reseach.
It took some time but yesterday it was there. So Jan went to the drugstore for the medicin and I read the leaflet with instructions for his diet. Yes, yesterday he still could have a dinner, but i had to be careful what veggies and meat I used, he wasn;t allowed to a lot of stuff. But then he came back with his medication, and we read the instruction book and then the leaflet of the drugstore with information and something wan't right. In the instructions of the hospital he had to take of one medicin only 2 pills and in the leaflet of the drugstore 2x 2, and he had 4 in the little box. I found it confusing, so phoned the hospital this morning and he only has to take  2 pills and can skip the other two. Still it is strange it isn't all clear from the beginning.
Today the poor guy has it diffcult. He can eat until 14.00 hours and then it is over. He still can and even has to drink a lot but that is all. Tomorrow he only has to drink again 2 ltrs. of water but cannot have anything to eat anymore.
Then tomorrow at 13.30 he has the scopie. He will be under light sedation, so he will not notcie anything of it, which is a good thing, the scopies aren;t the most funniest things to undergo!.
Then he will have to stay in hospital for about two hours more to sleep the sedation off and then he can go home again. Good thing is that it happens in the hospital near us, so he will not have to travel much.

I have finished now my antibiotics, so hopefully soon my stomach will behave as normal again. Can't wait for it!!!!!

Good news?
Well, a little bit. this week near the end of it temps will go up also at night, not too much wind so slowly Spring might creep in. if that could be true, I will feel already a lot better.
we have already a lot of seedlings popping up and soon in need of repotting, so let the sun come and with some real warmth.
And when that happens, you automatically get more energy to do stuff.
Then next week I think I will phone my hairdresser, because I am in really desparate need of a haircut!
Oh boy, that will feel sooooo good LOL!

Okay, soon it will be time to wake Jan up, so he still has time to eat  and drink something, before he has to take his medicin(very unpleasant stuff, laxatives), and stay without anything for a long time. I've made him some clear broth he can take instead of only water( he is allowed to have it), so at least he will have some taste.

I have a little kit for you, named "Stay Calm". It's in light colors, already a bit pointing to spring, perhaps.
Have a wonderful day and rest of the week.
Download    HERE


7 comments:

Edna B said...

Yes, I think Spring might be on it's way to us soon. I am so looking forward to it when I get back home this weekend.

I feel so bad for Jan, having to take those wicked tests, but hopefully they will be helpful for him, Here's hoping that your stomach is back on the right track too.

Today we are off to the flea market to find some fun mischief to get into. Maybe I can find a new sweatshirt jacket to replace the one I lost when I came here. I don't know how I lost it, but I can't find it. Ah well.

You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Hi Kyra,
Such a sweet kit, thank you.
So sorry to hear that Jan has to go thru those awful scopes. But it is best to get it over and done with now.
So good to hear that your having warmer temps coming your way with Spring right around the corner. We are having terrible thunder and lightening storms here. We have enjoyed many warm days but it is a bit nippy here this morning. Even the birds and squirrels are in where it is warmer and dryer.
Take care and thank you again for your sweet kit, Garla (Beth)

Snowy said...

Just catching up a little ,lol... Scans, pills...oh dear ! But I agree regarding spring. Looking forward to sunshine, higher temperatures and better weather in general. We're all getting on a bit, not getting any younger. Jeeze, I'm not far from 50 ! Back when I started this blog I thought that was stone old,lol.
Hugs Snowy

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Oh joy! I got off a couple of hours early today...really nice, got clothes in washer and dryer, all fur babies fed and all are napping (what I should be doing since the storms woke me at 3 a.m.)so thought I would catch up a little with the blogs I read...thanks for the lovely kit and am so happy Jan is doing the scopes and not I (tee-hee, just kidding). I hope all goes well with them and that he will be home soon enjoying a good meal! Got to run and say Hi to Miss Edna & Pogo before I settle in for the evening. Many hugs sent your way and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving nice encouragements...Luv, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download. I hope Jan's hospital visit went well. I also hope you get some nice Spring weather soon...

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra :)

You and Jan sure have been going through a lot lately.:( I agree..getting older is interesting if nothing else.:)Sure hope the results from Jan's testing comes back with no problems. Just knowing I would have to do that test would probably make ME sick. ;)

Hope your stomach stops misbehaving real soon! I had to be on antibiotics recently for sinus infection. They made me nauseated. I called the Doctor and he called the pharmacy to get them changed.I felt bad enough with just the sinus infection. LOL

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.:) I haven't been keeping up with it as much lately...so your visit was a very pleasant surprise for me! <3

Can't wait to see your garden after Jan and you plant those seeds.:)

Huge hugs,
Valinda

Grandma Sarge said...

Hi Kyra, I'm back trying to catch up with everything. I was about 5 days without internet and then had to learn a new system that is at best temperamental. I'm having a "Colonoscopy" on May 5th. Is that the same thing Jan had to get done?

Thank you for the adorable kit.