Friday, November 27, 2015

Just a few days left in November.

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, just a few days and the month of December starts already. I almost cannot imagine that in a bit more than a week's time I will start my Christmasdecorating.
But first things first. What happened this week?
Not too much, which I like to say, but I had a good week, accomplished several things I had on my to-do list, and that's a wonderful feeling. LOL.
Weather here is not too bad, beginning of the week we had some rain, and some fierce winds, and because of that wind it felt colder than it actually was,still it didn't last for too long. Rest of the week, well, temperatures around 7-8 C, some rain, some sunshine, all together not the worst weather for November. I could do with this kind of weather till Spring, but I fear that will not happen.

Middle of the week I went for a moment into town centre, and I came home with two lovely things. Perhaps you know all over in clothing shops you can buy "lounge-wear"? Kind of pyama''s but of thicker textile and in sooooo soft kind of fleece. Well, I bought one for Jan and one for myself, because I had my eye on them already for a long time and they were nicely priced.
Giving Jan his 'suite", his first reaction was: "but I don;t really need that".(as I know he would say , grin).
But I told him that one or two of the things he wears in the evening to be comfy, had come about at the end of their life, so he could do with something new. Well, he tried it on and wears it now every evening after dinner LOL!.
Must say that I have mine on too and it is so soft and warm, it was a good buy!
Here a picture i found on the net, of something similar I bought. Model is different, but you probably can see, the textile it is made of.
 Gosh, I completely forget to mention a Christmas sweater I bought for Jan. In a way, you could call it a "faulty"sweater but it brought a big smile on my face when I saw it in the shop. I am not sure if he will wear it ever, LOL, but perhaps when he is working on Christmas at his volunteer job it would bring a happy note to the elderly he is giving their evening meal. Found a picture of almost the same on the net to show you
Don't you think it's great fun???? And Rudolph's nose is a pom-pom on his sweater!

 
Oh, my I am quick this year with the Christmaspresents! I've one box to send and it is already on it's way! well, I wrapped all the content, and thought: "why keeping it around, better to send it early, but then I am sure it will arrive in time"and so I did. With that done and out of my mind now, I can concentrate on Christmasdecorating here, which will start on the 6th of December, just after our holiday of Sinterklaas.

Tomorrow I will have to go to Heidi's appartment to have a walk with the doggies. She is going out the whole day but cannot take the dogs with her there. So she asked me if I could take care of them in the afternoon. Of course I will do so. Cross your fingers that during the time I will be out with them it will not rain!

Now I have to say to you that it will be a good thing to mark the 1st of December on your calendar, because then I will post my contribution to the Worldwide Christmas Scrapbooking blogtrain on my blog, as well as Arlene's. So don;t forget that date, next Tuesday.

For now I have Arlene's clusters for you, made with the Roses d'Automne kit.
Have a wonderful day and weekend and stay safe.

Download    HERE

6 comments:

Edna B said...

Your new lounging PJ's look ever so comfy! Jan's new sweater is just right for the season. It should bring a few smiles to his elderly clients.

I hope to get my mail away boxes in the mail soon too. I was going to work on them yesterday morning, but as soon as I finished posting my blog, we lost our electric power. The big transformer near our house burned out. I called the electric company, and because I have an oxygen concentrator, they came right out. They had the power back on in about two and a half hours.

Well, Joe cooked up a beautiful big Thanksgiving dinner. I must say, he did a great job. Everything tasted super. Even better, I did not have to cook anything.

I turned out the lights early in the evening, and slept until around 3:30 this morning. Then I got up and started working on the baby cocoon. I did finish it and now I'm working on the little hat that goes with it.

Now I should go and post on my own blog. You have a wonderfui day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

DawnG said...

Hell Kyra thanks for sharing the clusters Arlene made and for always sharing a bit about your day it always brings a smile to my face

Grandma Sarge said...

Oh my, Kyra, these clusters are lovely. I adore the whole kit. I'm about to use it on a picture of my Sister in Law. My youngest brother's wife. I met her once at my Niece's wedding several years ago. I'll be sharing it on the Memories & Musings page.

Thank you very much.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello lovely lady! I smile just reading your blog, love the fun sweater for Jan. I have several of those fuzzy warm pajamas, but don't get to wear them much as it doesn't get cold enough, but love the feel of the softness of them. My fur babies love to knead on them...LOL! We had a really wet day yesterday, today and will again tomorrow and Sunday, the temps went from 80F yesterday to 42F this afternoon and to not even make it to 40F tomorrow, but no ice like just NW of us...thankful for that. After cooking most of yesterday morning, we lazed on the couch and napped off and on between football games...LOL! I never even turned my computer on...it was a great day! You and Jan have a marvelous weekend and please thank Arlene once again for her lovely gifts. Am anxiously waiting for the Christmas Blog Train too! Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the lovely download. Arlene's work is beautiful as usual.
Kyra, it is good to hear that your week went well. I think the people at Jan's workplace will enjoy seeing him wear the Christmas sweater. You mention that it has a pom pom nose - you may have to give it a few extra stitches so it doesn't come off.
I hope your walk with the dogs went well and it wasn't raining or windy...

Stacey said...

thanks to you and Arlene for the beautiful qp set. I love the rudolph sweater, but doubt I could make my hubby wear it unless we were going to an ugly Christmas sweater party, which are all the rage here now. hard to believe it's the holiday season already. this year has gone much to quickly!