Monday, March 23, 2015

Not a prize-winning weekend!

Goodmorning everybody!

Probably this is a good morning, after the weekend we had. Where to start ?
Saturday afternoon Jan went to his volunteer job again, seemed to be fairly okay. When he was gone, i did a quick vacuum cleaning and some stuff, then sat down to watch some tv and wait for Jan to come home.
Then I would make us a quick dinner and we could have our Saturday evening with lots of nice programs t watch. Nothing of that happened.
At about 7.30 p.m. I heard the front door, so Jan was home. But it took a rather long time before he came into the room. And how did he enter the room? He could barely walk and had lots of pain by reading his face. What happened? But the end of his shift it seems his belly, specially the umbilical hernia, was acting up, probably causing a pinching of an intestine. He had that about 3 weeks ago also.
So after sitting down for a few minutes, I said to him we had to go to ER (emercency department)and he agreed!
The stupid man said we could go by tram. Well, no way I said. He barely could stand upon his feet.
So I called Heidi to ask if Danny, her husband could come to us and bring us to hospital. No problem, within 10 minutes they were there, both of them.
We came to ER, were lucky it was quiet and then was called in rather quick. First of course all kind of research was done, and I felt such a pity for Jan, he really was in agony and his belly button really didn;t look good at all. All hard, peeping out as a marble, strange color.
They couldn;t give him a pain killer right away, because he cannot have many that will go well with his medicines. To make a bit short story after about two hours ( I already sent Heidi and Danny home), there came a doctor to examine him, and she managed to release the pinching and the belly button suddenly popped back and it also ended at once the pain Jan had all the time.
Then she asked him to stay there for about half an hour, to see if all went well, came back after that time and said he could go home to sleep in his own bed, but had to come back right away next morning at about 9.00 p.m. for a check up. They wanted to see if Jan stayed without pain and fever( he didn;t have any fever all the way),. If not there might be needed an operation. Well, we went hme, Jan all pooped out but without serious pain and we even did manage to have some sleep during the night.
Went back next morning, and now he has an appointment for the surgery ward, where they will look at the scan he will have next week and talk about possible operation to to close the hernia. I hope it will be done, now that it is still small, because if they don;t, Jan may experience ofter this agony coming up, and it can become even dangerous.
So after we had the appointment and check, we could go home again. Pfffffffff, we felt a bit relieved.
But we both felt so tired, that soon we took a nap at the couch, mine was for about two hours, Jan took a longer one and I left him sleeping, it was probably the best for him at the moment.
Glad he has now the appointment at surgery so quick, and hopefully something will be done, because he cannot go on like this of course.
Now I will have to try to keep a good eye on him, and make sure he doesn;t do too much of anything, and that isn't easy!
For now it's oaky agin, let's hope it will stay this way.

Today I must go to the information meeting for a volunteer job. I must say I am not feeling all bright and shiny, but I will go there, of course. Let's see if this job will be something that I would like and also will  be something I am able to do. 

As you can imagine, I didn't make the dinner I planned yesterday. We had the one I planned for saturday evening and today I dont have enough time to be in the kitchen, preparing the pork steaks along the recipee I have found. Doesn;t matter, I will make something different today and perhaps tomorrow the pork steaks, LOL.

Today I have a bit smaller kit for you, named "Solange".
Have a wonderful day.
Download    HERE


Edna B said...

Oh my Kyra, such an awful weekend. I hope the doctor can fix this problem for Jan permanently. In the meantime, does he still have to go to work? I hope not. He does not want to agitate the problem.

Seems like it never rains but it pours. I have found that saying to be oh so true.

I took my camera outdoors yesterday looking for tiny green sprouts coming up through the little patches of dirt where the snow has melted. Oh my, there were a few and they look so beautiful. I will post a photo on my blog. (which I haven't done yet.)

So now I'm off to to do my post. You have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Corrine Corbin said...

Thank you for the pretty kit. Sometimes small is all we need. Nothing gets wasted.

Sorry about Jan. Maybe surgery is the best choice. If they fix it now it won't get any bigger. I have a Hiatial Hernia but it seems to be in a spot that doesn't get much exercise until now.

I'm glad for a new week. i spent the day with my daughter putting the blanketsd in the dryer and then putting them over the top of me. I still couldn't stop shaking. This morning I seem to be doing much better but I did call and cancel the Rehab appt. I don't have the strength of a wet kitten this morning but at lerast I'm not shaking with chills.

Hopefully your week will be brighter. Hugs from 'Sarge'

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download.
You and Jan certainly did have a bad time of it on the weekend.
It is good that Jan was able to get an appointment so soon and hopefully they will do something about his hernia.
I hope your volunteer appointment went well and the rest of the week will be good to you both...

Sue said...

Love the colors!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Stacey said...

thanks so much for the gorgeous kit! I hope Jan, is still without alot of pain today. how crazy are they to suggest you take a tram. I'm glad you got a ride and he got in quickly. I hope he is able to have the operation so he doesn't have to worry so much about this happening again.