Saturday, August 16, 2014

I am still alive!

Hello everybody!

I was soooo pissed off this week! just had the new windows installed, all seemed fine and then Tuesdaay it crashed again! No way to get windows started again, so disaster.
Having not much money at the moment a new computer would be no real option.
So we went looking around and yeah, I found a second hand laptop with windows 7, with even more gb on harddisk than i had(this one has 500 GB)and for a price we still could afford.
So yesterday I wanted to try it out, and at least make a little post, but........................no internet.
Hmmm, that happens sometimes with the modem for tv, internet and phone we have, but then I noticed I also had no phone.
Went looking at the modem, all lights out. No way to reset, so now that seemed to have died too. Oh another disaster. Phoned the company, and to make it short, the adapter could have died. Friday evening, so hard to have a new one quickly. But had a great option to go to a store here in our town to get me a new one.
So early this morning i went to get it(even have a better one now, with more internet connections and even possibility of wireless, whooo). And yes, all works again.
I am back on the net, only will have to do AGAIN all installing and such, but we will survive that.
Glad at least I could imform you about the situation.
May that i will not post yet Monday, depends a bit on how I make progress.
But soon I will be back in full working order, promised!
Have a great weekend.




4 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for the update. I'm glad that you and Jan are both OK.
Computers can be very frustrating when they don't work properly and crash.
I hope that the one you have just bought works well for you for a very long time and does not give you any trouble...


Edna B said...

I'm so glad that it was just materials things that went wrong and that you are alright.

It sometimes happens that everything is going to go wrong one thing at a time. It's very frustrating, but don't rush. You will make it through.

At least now everything should be in good working order once it is all hooked up and all is installed in the computer.

I wish I could be of some help my friend. If I can, just let me know. Stay calm, and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kyra... hope you won't have another computer crash !
You're not very lucky at the moment. I send you some sun from France, and a lot of courage !
Hugs,
Florence

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O No! Seems it is always something that likes to ruin our peace, right? Don't fret too much cause that stresses you out, then you make mistakes and have to redo again. Take your time and do your installs, then give it a bit before you start your designing so as not to lose it again. I hope your can do wireless, it is so much faster. I have learned not to get on my computer in the middle of the day as that is when all the brown outs start (at least until school is back in session...LOL). We will all still be around when you get things calmed down again.
So glad you and Jan are doing well and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I need to do some blog visiting too, I was very remiss this weekend as I had company and did not spend much time on the computer!
Well, off to do that visiting, check back with you later on and good luck with having it fixed and reinstalled. Have a terrific week ahead. Many hugs my friend! Mat