Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lots of rain at the moment.

Goodmorning everybody!
Last two days we had quite some rain, in some parts of the country they have to struggle to keep it dry!
Just saw on the news that 15 pony's have been saved last night from a meadow, where the water was terribly high. Poor souls, all so very wet and sad looking, but they all have been brought to a shelter and safe.
I got my part of the rain too yesterday, when I was shopping. I started dry, but about halfway rain poured down, so I arrived home dripping water. Oh, temperature was still nice enough, that already makes a difference, and a towel got me dry.
I am up very early this morning cause Jan had to go to hospital for an echography of his belly, he has one every year, then next week he has an appointment with his doctor again.

as we couldn;t do much in the garden these days, we worked a bit in the house. Jan was busy with the ceiling in our bedroom, where we had the last leak, and as he had to take all the bedding and matras off the bed to be able to put a ladder, I could vacuum clean everything well after he finished and then put on fresh bedsheets.
I also cleaned up two of the cupboards in the kitchen, somewhere this week I will try to tackle one or two more.

This afternoon I have to go to Heidi's house and take the doggies for a walk. she had to go somewhere today didn;t know when she would be home again. I don't mind doing it, I will just have to try to pick a dry period, between some rainshowers that are expected again today.

Almost every late evening I go looking for snails, LOL, I have to say that till now there aren;t as many as last year, but we have to keep an eye on them! It's quite a tricky business walking around in the garden with a flashlight, I have to light well the way I go first, otherwise I might step unto a toad or frog!
Every time it's a surprise walk, of how many of them I spot. Brodski often goes with me and always is interested when he sees a hopping frog, but most of the time he just looks and that's it.

In between all those things I am also still busy with the knitting and finished a new kit and already started one too. may be I will be able to work on it some more today, I think I will have a crafty day.
Probably Jan will take a good nap after he returned from the hospital, so all will be quiet for a while.
Today I have the add-on made by Arlene of the kit Where Dreams begin.
She did an awesome job, you get a lovely page border, beautiful quickpage and a frame cluster.

Have a marvellous day!
Download    HERE


4 comments:

Edna B said...

That was a nice story about the ponies. Too often, people forget about our animals when the bad weather strikes. We had a bit of a thunderstorm during the night, and then it was gone.

This morning it is much cooler here and it is quite damp and gray. Maybe we'll get some sun later so we can sit out in the yard for a while.

I hope Jan gets a good report at his doctor appointment. Kyra, you are such a good friend to walk the doggies for Heidi. Even in the rain. God bless you.

Now I'll go post my own blog. You have a fabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Please thank Arlene for these lovely gifts...I adore the border and frame.
Hope your weather improves soon, we have been promised rain (anywhere from 1-3 inches) all week, but alas, it just seems to get to our area and goes away with only a trace to measure. Southern part of the state is flooding with constant rain, but not us...all around us!
I had to water my plants and this evening, I will water my grass in the front yard (I have even house number, so I get Wednesday and Saturday to water).
Feeling much better after my tumble down, so will get busy trying to catch up with the blogs I visit the most. Have a great rest of this week. Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
I hope you had a great day and managed to get done all that you wanted to...

Grandma Sarge said...

When we had a problem with snails I laid a frizbee in the garden and filled it half full of beer. They like it but they drown since they can't get back out. Probably from being drunk. It worked on the snails here in Washington State. It might work there too. Can't hurt to try.