Monday, February 10, 2014

WOW, we did good in speedskating this weekend

Goodmorning everybody!

It was a good filled weekend I can say.
First Friday I did all shopping that was necessary so I was "free"on Saturday. Weather wasn;t all too bad, although it was rainy, most annoying was( and still will be this week) the hard wind. But till now it keeps winter away, LOL.

We did go to Séverine's birthday party on Saturday, of course, but not till a bit later in the afternoon. We first wanted to see the olympic speedskating competition of the 5000 mtr. for men. And oh my, it was a GREAT day for us. The 3 medals were all for our Dutch skaters! We hoped ( and counted a bit on it) that our best skater, Sven Kramer, would win the gold, but you never know till it's done, is it?
He was amazing, (even skated a new Olympic time)but then also to win the silver and bronze, was fantastic.
Wonderful for our skaters was that our king handed over the medals, it makes it even a bit more special!
Gold for Sven Kramer, silver for Jan Blokhuijsen, bronze for Jorrit Bergsma.

Of course we also watched some of the other sports taking place, but I was a bit disppointed that there wasn;t a too long coverage of the figure skating. I love to see that, and there were some amazing performances already. I can understand that it is difficult to give a good coverage of all that is taking place in one day, but I truly hope we will see a bit more of the figure skating.

Sunday also there was a speedskating event to watch, the 3000 mtr. for women. There it wouldn;t be obvious if our best skater would win the gold, strong competition to deal with. But Ireen Wüst was soooo strong, she did beat all and won the gold in a terrific race.
Former gold winner Martina Sablikova, got the silver, and 3rd place was for a Russian lady, Olga Graf. And it is always wonderful to see the happiness and joy on the faces. And really understandable, it takes a lot of hard work of many years, and if all comes together just on the moment it is needed, you can be proud of yourself!
I have a photo of the 3 winner, not yet with the medals, because they will receive it today.
Do I sound a bit excited and proud????? LOL! Well, we know our skaters are good, but we also know the trouble they sometimes had to achieve this, and how difficult it is and then I think we are allowed to be happy for them and with them.

Again there will be, among other events of course, some speedskating today to watch, it is the 500 mtr. sprint for men. Oh my, that will be a very exciting competition! We have some real good sprinters, that could go for a medal, but it isn;t obvious that they will win one. Just one little mistake made and all illusions could be gone! And there is a strong field, so we will see what happens.

But in between all that wintersport and some other programs on tv, and some housework even done, I even managed to do some designing. Not too much, but I finished a kit, which I will have to upload, after making the preview and I even started a new one.
I will have to do somewhere this week a bit of more serious work, I guess, like getting together all needed for the taxes again(yak), have to deal with some more paper stuff, not all of my favourite time spending. But it has to be done and better do it all at once, if possible, so I can forget about it again for a longer time ROFL!

Okay, have to get busy a bit, must think also of something for dinner this evening( sometimes it is hard to keep a good variety in it, to come up every day with something different, which isn;t taking too uch time and still is tasty, it's the curse of almost all of us I think , hahaha).
What about a bit of Nostalgic looking kit? I have this one for you, named Temps Perdu( Lost time), and you will have a fantastic add[on from Arlene again, with a great quickpage!
Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Download    HERE

Download   HERE




7 comments:

Edna B said...

Congratulations to the wonderful Dutch kids, and all the beautiful medals they won. I got to see a few hours last night, some skiing, skateboarding and dancing. It was thoroughly enjoyable. We got a few medals to. These young people are just awesome!!! I am waiting to see more of the figure skating too. The skating is my favorite part of all of this. Now I'm off to do my own blog. Also I have a pot of corn chowder on the stove cooking. Yum yum! You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

I didn't get to watch the speed skating but I'm certainly glad to hear Netherlands got a gold. It was a big bonus to take all 3 medals in that one event. I'm as proud as if they were mine. Congratulations to them all.

Now to thank you for the pretty kit Temps Perdu, (which means what?).

I have finally found a copy of PhotoShop elements 6, and it only cost me $25. American (don't know what that is in Euros). I've been retraining myself since it's been over 2 years since I lost mine to microsoft during an upgrade.

And we (the USA)) won both the men & women's 'Slope Style' snowboarding. Pretty scary watching them do their tricks. But fun indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra !
This kit is so sweet ! and I just love Arlene's clusters !
Thank you so much !!!
I'm glad for the Dutch skaters, and you are right to be proud !! Unfortunately I could not watch them on TV, so I'm happy when you write and show pictures on your blog, thank you Kyra !
Have a fantastic week !!
Hugs,
Florence

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Monday Morning Kyra! You "Dutchies" are AWESOME at speed skating...I agree, the matches were terrific (I especially liked watching the faces of your King and Queen during the events). It is so marvelous that they are there for the support. The figure skating was really good last evening and the USA team took the bronze medal and we had a couple of gold medals in the slope snow boarding...those have been fun to watch too. The Olympics start at 2 p.m. here today so I am catching up some stuff I need to get done before it starts. It is drizzling cold rain and more winter mix is due in this evening and tomorrow morning! Have a fabulous day...and oh yes, thanks for the gorgeous kit and Arlene's freebies too! Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely kit and add ons, much appreciated! Congratulations to the skaters, what an awesome achievement. Everyone must be so proud. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!