Monday, December 30, 2013

Little Amira won Holland got's talent!

Goodmorning everybody!

The weekend was nice, and quiet, although some work has been done here too! Most of it by Jan, still busy with some painting, but the end is very near.
I managed to do some housework, but will have to do some more today and perhaps tomorrow.
Saturday evening was the final of Holland got's talent, and as we all expected, our little 9 year old Amira won it! That girl is adorable, such a sweetie, and amazed us again with the aria
Nessun dorma!
It gave me shivers again.

Here a link where you can read about it and watch the video. Take those few minutes, turn on your speakers and enjoy the performance of this super talented, wonderful child!


http://www.classicalite.com/articles/4738/20131228/breaking-amira-willighagen-better-than-jackie-evancho-sings-nessun-dorma-to-win-hollands-got-talent.htm

Isn;t it wonderful that we are witnesses every now and then from an extra-ordinairy talent? Which is a good thing, with so much misery going around the world, also sometimes something beautiful enters our lives.

In just a couple of days we will enter a whole new year, with all it's ups and downs for sure, but hopefully there will be a lot of UPS and just, if necessary, a few DOWNS, LOL!
We will be at home at New Years Eve, first because we feel better and second we don;t want to leave our cat alone, with all the fireworks at midnight.!
I am sure there will be a couple of good shows to watch, so it will be no penalty for us. Of course I will see to it, we will have some "oliebollen" at the coffee table, the typical Dutch treat at New years Eve/ I like them, specially with a lot of  powdered sugar( or iced sugar) on it!
May be I will make a good soup for dinner, quick, easy and tasty too!

We had rather nice weather in the weekend, but today it looks a bit less, we have a lot more wind, I don;t like too much wind. I will have to pick my moment to go out later today. May be it will be calmer then.
Any way, that's about all to tell, so we'll hop over to the freebie, a New Year's kit, named "May it be Happy", and a lovely add-on from \Arlene, great quickpage and two sparkling clusters.
Have a wonderful day.

Download    HERE

Download    HERE



4 comments:

Edna B said...

You new blog background is beautiful. What fabulous colors for January. I don't do anything special on New Years Eve either. There are too many drunks on the road for my comfort. Actually, I usually end up working so someone else can party. This year I am working that night so that my friend and her hubby can have the evening together. It's wonderful that Amira won the competition. She truly has a magnificent gift. Well, now it's time for me to check the Mrs once more and start packing up my things. I'll be going home soon. Yeah!! You have a wonderful day, and I wish you and Jan a Very Happy New Year filled with peace, happiness, good health and prosperity. Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy New Year to both of you! Thanks to you and Arlene for this lovely kit. I too will be staying home, do not like to be out with all the party folks with too much drinking and driving and way too many loud fireworks....I will stay in to keep my kitties company too. I do have a single small bottle (for 1) of the champagne if I can stay awake that long....LOL! I am positive that 2014 will be a better year for all of us. Later, Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these wonderful downloads.
I wish you Kyra and Jan, also Arlene and your family a fantastic 2014...

Shirley Young said...

Just found your Blog - your kits are lovely. Thank you for sharing and Happy New Year.