Monday, April 04, 2011

I have sweet friends

Goodmorning everybody!

I am a bit late today, cause I first had to do some catching up on blogreading. I left it alone a bit during the weekend and it's amazing to see what you will have to read on just a few blogs over the last two days!
Friday afternoon had a surprise for me! Suddenly the phone rang, it was Heidi, asking for Jan! ?????????? Then there was some cryptic talking between the two, couldn't make much of it and when finished, Jan said that Danny would come in a moment. Okay, no problem.
Ding, dong, the door bell, there he was and he was carrying a garden table. Returned to his car and came in with two chairs, all completely new!!!
Of course I asked hi, what it was all about. He answered: "When Heidi was here the other day and came home she told me that you two don't have the money at the moment to buy a decent table and chairs for the garden, so we though we would give it to you two. If we need you for dog walking, or something else, or taking care of our pets during our holidays, you are always there, so now we can do something back".
THEY ARE COMPLETELY NUTS, those two! Okay, we aren;t swimming in money, but if we wanted we still could go looking for a couple of chairs and a table for the garden, LOL. Only, we didn;t want to have a too big table, and when we spot some, we mostly think they are too expensive LOL.
So now we have a nice table and two matching chairs on our terras!
Isn't it a sweet thing of them to do??? Now I only have to look for two chair cushings, to sit a bit more comfortable, but I can find nice ones for a very nice price. I took a picture of the set right away, of course and here it is:
Great to have such friends!

Saturday was really a lovely day. The sun was shining bright, there was a bit much wind, but it was a great temperature outside. So early afternoon we took the tram to the shopping centre, where they were having the fair. These fairs always are a bit the same, but it's just nice to look around a bit and just enjoying the great weather. And suddenly we run into some friends, we didn;t see for a long time. That was nice too, we catched up on the news a bit and also had a little drink together, outside, in the sun, so that was a nice surprise too! And later we also met Jan's brother, so all together we didn;t see too much of the fair. It was a pity I forgot to take my camera, I do have to learn to put it together with my wallet and keys, which I always take with me, so then I cannot forget it!
Before we left, I did take a shot on my first tulips though! With all that sunshine and some rain, you really see all the plants growing like a rocket! Already yesterday another kind of tulip started to bloom, just one, but I saw today there are coming more!
Jan too was happy yesterday, because his sunflower seeds are popping up already! He is very caring about his tomatoes and now the sunflowers too. When ever it is nice wether outside, he puts the tray outside to have some "air", and towards the evening he puts them in the room again.






Now today is really again a day to do some house work. Want to change the sheets on the bed, have to do a laundry, a bit of ironing, some of those know errands, and who knows, may be there is half an hour sun catching too! It is a bit cloudy, with some sunrays in between, looks as if there could be a bit of rain, so we'll see how it ends up today.
The freebie for you is nr 4 of the Fairy Poem Book with also the front and backcover for it.
Have a fantastic day!!
Download   PART 4 WITH THE COVERS   HERE

4 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Aww...how SWEET of your friends to get you a nice table and chairs.Now you can eat your lunch out on the terrace and enjoy the sun and your beautiful flowers.:)
So nice to be able to see old friends and visit for a while.Happy you were able to do that.:)Sorry you forgot your camera though.I would have loved seeing what you saw.:)I forget mine sometimes and that is when the cell phone camera comes in handy.:)
Hope you have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Valinda

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. What a wonderful surprise for you and Jan. Your table and chairs look super!! Now you can sit out on nice days and have your meal there too.

Yes, the program was Cats 101. I really enjoyed watching it, and the next one about bad dogs too. Animal Planet is one of our favorite channels.

Your tulips are gorgeous! I'm jealous. I only have short green stems and leaves so far. But at least I have that much. I'm off to catch some winks. Gotta work again tonight. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Apr. 04, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [05 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria