Friday, November 19, 2010

Yesterday was napping day!

Goodmorning everybody!

I was so full of good will yesterday, to do some stuff around the house, but at the end it didn;t work out.
I am still not sleeping too well, so up early and that's not always good for the energy level LOL! So in the early afternoon I just had to take a nap, and oh boy, that did me well. But aas result that I didn't do much else.
It's not such a disaster, I can do a bit today. And have to get me a new guide for the tv programs for the next week, some tins with cat food and also give Jan a haircut.
While I am doing those things I can run the washing machine, so that will be done too.
Then we should get slowly ready for the reception at the cafe, notnecessary to be dressed too fancy, but I want it to look okay, give the hair a bit more model with the hairdryer, you know the stuff.

Minky was cooking up new ideas yesterday already for another collab, she is just rolling on and on and I love that! So that should be a little project for the weekend, but also want to start at least a new kit.
Oh, you should go to the forum, today we have another part of our weekly download, in fact it is one of mine and hopefully next week there will be Snowy's contribution.
No news for the moment about Erik, let's hope no news is good news somehow!

Not too much happening here lately, isn;t it? But around us lots of things are happening, and most of them are not happy things. I truly hope this trend will have a stop very quickly! We've had more than enough bad news, we could do with some happier news and events!

Tomorrow we might take a little walk to the shopping street nearby, to see the parade of Saint Nicolas! Yes, it;s time for that too again. In Holland and Belgium mainly it's the holiday for children at the 5th of December, like it's Christmas with Santa in other parts of the world. Kids receive lots of presents then(but also the adults have their part) and in the weeks before that exciting evening, kids can put a shoe in front of the fire place or near the front door and it may happen that Black Peter puts there some candy or a little present! The Black Peters work during the night and most of the time they come through the chimneys to leave the candy in the shoes. And if you are a real good kid, you put a carrot in your shoe for the horse of Sinterklaas!
As a kid I loved that holiday, and it was made extra special by my parents, cause they really played their role very well. They made you just a little bit afraid of Black Peter adn Sinterklaas, so that you should behave well(because Sinterklaas know EVERYTHING and hears EVERYTHING!).And I really believed in those characters, and walking on the street with my mother, she was telling me to look well at the roofs and also at liettle windows, because it might happen I could see a Black Peter hiding! And believe it or not, I REALLY DID SEE THEM!Wonderful! Pity that while getting older you get to know the truth, that all those stories aren't true. It is the most wonderful time in a childhood! That excitementof waking up in the morning and running to your shoe and you see there is something in it! And then the day itself, you have butterflies in your stomach all day and then there is the knocking or ringing on the front door, you go looking(together with a parent, holding your hand!!!!!) and wow.....................a BIG bag or basket is standing their, filled with beautiful wrapped presents! I have fond memories of that holiday!

To stay a bit in that magical world I have a little fairy kit for you today, "Fairies of Love".
Have a wonderful weekend and see you on Moday!
Download    HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I love your new kit. I think it's wonderful that you and Minky have been so busy making all these beautiful things for her blog. Your work is simply beautiful.

Some say that a lttle "power" nap everyday is good for you. The older I get, the more I agree. lol. I'm off now to get ready for work. You have a grand day. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyra, just saw your link in my statistics and found my link in your blog, it's nice of you, thank you.
Have a nice weekend, regards.
Trisha