Monday, August 02, 2010

New month, new daily download, and time goes by

Goodmorning everybody!

During the weekend we had the change of month! Already August is there, and I just cannot believe how fast this year is moving along! In just a few weeks slowly we are going to think about Christmas again, but I will not talk about that yet! Still it is amazing how fast time goes, or is it just me who thinks so? Or is it because I am already 57 years old? When you are a lot younger it seems you also notice times goes quick, but you don;t realize it properly. But now time seems sometimes just like sand, slipping through your fingers.
It just happens to be so, so best is to accept it and try to make most of the time given, LOL.

The ladies of the Magickal Scraps forum have done an outstanding job for the new daily download, which is still on our "old"forum! But slowly we are preparing the new one, and getting used to it and when it is really ready for "new"guests, I will let you know and give the link and I hope you ALL come to the new forum and also join us in some challenges and such!

What did I do this weekend? Well, Friday I decided finally to go to town centre. It was lovely weather for it, and as a lot of people are on holiday, it also wasn;t too crowded. Oh my, I did saw some lovely clothes in some shops, but the price wasn;t yet at my standard, hahahaha, so I was courageous and left it in the shop! I didn;t spend a lot of money, I think it was about 4,00 Euro!!!! And I spent it all in a Chinese grocerie store! There is one in town, and although I am not very familiar with a lot of products, you can buy great things there and it's not really epensive either. So I bought some quick stir noodles, some special canned fruit some noodle soup( also quick stuff, ready in 5 minutes).  But I found also a great store, with loads of stuff, kind of a one dollar store. Well, not all for one dollar but still cheap and a big variety. Nice spot to go back to from time to time, very dangerous place in fact, LOL!

Saturday I just did a few quick grocerie shoppings, but it was a grey day. Not really cold, but lots of wind and from time to time some drops of rain. Good day to spend a bit at the computer.
Sunday I was a rather active girl. Early morning I was busy with dinner already, had to put up the meat for a kind of stew, which turned out to be delicious. Then I did some ironing, with a cd on with all kind of songs I really like, and while the window was open, Jan could enjoy the music too sitting in the garden. And I had a great time, singing along and moving on the rythm, must have been aweful to see, hahahaha!
In the mean time I turned on the washing machine and then I thought it was enough for a Sunday. In the afternoon Jan and me first watched a bit the European athletic championship and also both took a little nap, so actually I didn't spend much time on the computer, just checked some email and blogs, but that's all.

Now I am cracking my brain a bit to come up with perhaps a new challenge for the forum, but I think I found one. Have to work it out first myself, and then put it up.
Perhaps today will be a good day to do that.
And after all this rambling  you probably wonder if I have a freebie for you. To be honest.........yes I do!
 I think it's not a bad one, it's named"In Vino Veritas" Now it's really time for another coffee, I am a bit slow this morning, and then I see what I will do next!
Now have a great day!
Download     HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Gosh, what an adorable kit! I love the dog with the wine bottle!!

I know what you mean about some stores being very dangerous. We have a few stores like that here. I really do try to be good, but it is not easy sometimes. haha.

What sort of book cover will we be making this month? I think this is one of my favorite challenges. I love the creativity it uses.

I'm still at work, so I must go now. You have a fantastic day now. Hugs, Edna B.

marzenna79 said...

Thank you, very pretty.