Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Few more pictures and such

Goodmorning everybody!

It was really nice weather again yesterday. So after posting yesterday morning I took some time for my second coffee, and had it in the garden. Then I did some pruning there, it was time to cut back the lavender, if you don;t do this, next year it will be flowering again, but the small bushes become very messy and just will have new little leaves at the end of the branches and also will not flower as good as the year before. Also had to put a pile of weed and other garden "garbage" like earlier pruned branches etc in a big plastic sack, so that I can put it on the street tomorrow evening.

I also had to do again some shopping, like cat food that was running out and some bread etc. and also found some new kitchen clothes for a nice price. I still had some, but they became a bit impossible to wash completely spotless, I think they were too old. So the old ones can be used as just cleaning clothes, always handy.

I promised you some more pictures from our walk on Friday, so here they are:
Look at the beach, obviously, LOL! On other spots there were lots more people, but I liked this more or less empty view.
The lighthouse.

The street I told you about, with all the little shops and restaurants. There are still some really old houses in that street, some even from the late 1800's!
One of the shops, don;t you love the name of it? "Something Old, Something New"?
And a sweet looking flower shop.

So in pictures, you've made  the walk with us LOL!
Just before the weekend I also made the template challenge of the forum, it was a rather simple template, but as Snowy said: "Simple can be beautiful too"! and she is right about that. We had to pic three pictures and make a layout with that. The background is a picture I made in another park and the 3 others are mine too.
It looks that today the weather is not as good as yesterday, for the moment. Looking a bit grey, they expect some rain too. Well, it's okay, then no need to sprinkle the garden! I think they would be very happy in Moscow and surroundings if they had some of our rain and surely the rain from other parts of Europe. In Moscow they suffer from all the smoke of the bushfires and have still temperatures of about 100-120 F and in parts of Rumania, Germany, Poland, they have floods because it's really pouring rain and the rivers and lakes can't cope with all that water! It's sometimes isn't well divided in the world. Where they need water, there isn;t falling any, where they need drought and sunshine it's pouring rain.

Time for a freebie then. Nice kit in warm colourscheme, named "Amore Dolce".
Have a beautiful day!
Download      HERE

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Lol- is that a kit inspired by us again? Looking nice -very romantic. The photos are great, makes me wish to walk along the beach with my feet in the water.Specially today- the rain is pouring down here- someone forgot to turn the tap off! And I love the street with the little shops. Holland is a beautiful country, I always loved going across and visiting my Aunt and Uncle in De Nieuwegein/Utrecht.Well , and of cause the Gouda -I do love my cheese.lol.
Hugs Snowy

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Kit(s) post on Aug. 10, 2010. Thanks again.