Sunday, March 01, 2020

Slowing down is okay, but not too much!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Well, it is just a few minutes after noon, hahaha, but I thought I better do my blogpost now, because later today there is some speedskating to see(and you know I love that) and I want to put some stewmeat on for this evenings dinner before that.
Our weather has been still windy and even stormy some days, quite some rain, today we see some sunshine every now and then, still strong wind, but the wind should slow donw coming week and that's already something good.

I did some planned jobs this week(not too much but okay, I DID something which is already quite a thing nowadays. Yes, really, I notice that I slow down in doing things, well, it is more the getting started. Once busy, it goes still not bad at all. Perhaps it is just getting more lazy, could also be a part of it LOL, and it could have to do partly with the weather. I always feel more energetic and willing to do something in summertime, even already springtime.

This week Heidi and I planned to have a "meeting"somewhere in town, to have a coffee, perhaps having something to eat during lunchtime, so we could have again a good chat together. But it didn;t take place, because Heidi called it off. She has an aunt, who is very ill(cancer) and not doing well. Her mother wanted to go to her (aunt is living in another town, not too far from here) and Heidi wanted to go with her and that was just at the day we should have met. Of course it was no problem, her visit to her aunt was more important so we will make another appointment perhaps next week.

At the moment every news and talking programme on tv has the issue of the corona virus. I can understand it, because it is a tricky one that is still spreading around. This last week we had the first coupe of infected people in Holland too. Still nobody should panic, but it is a nasty virus, and hopefully they will find quickly a cure for it. Till then we will just have to be careful and follow up advices from doctors and not believe all the nonsens that already is told about it and not believe the "so-called"advices.
One of the things that bothers me is that there are instantly some people who want to take advantage of it and use this virus to go along houses with some tricky story to get into houses just to steal some stuff or money or to get money from people as "donation" for e.g."research"or whatever they invent. So be careful of anybody coming at your door with some story!

Oh, last week Jan suddenly got a letter with an appointment at the hospital with the surgeon, this time for control of the bloodvessels. I wondered if this has to do with the operation of last year or just yearly control of other bloodvessels??
I think I will call Monday or Tuesday to ask whatfore this appointment is. He first has to do a kind of test or so and a week later Jan has an appointmet with the surgeon. Could have to do with that operation last year, but then the control is rather late. We'll see and hear next week.

Jan also started to put some seeds into a small greenhouse. One species already came to growth, and are doing well on the windowsill. It still is too early to already re-pot them, a bit too small, but may be in a week he can put some of them in separate small pots. They still have to stay inside to get taller and stronger, may be we can put them outside already in April(which is normally too soon, but with that strange weather we have it might be possible).
Soon we will have some tulips also flowering in the garden.
I will have to make some photos then, but I don;t know if my little photocamera works with windows 10! It already is a camera of some years ago and I don;t know if i can plug it in the USB just like that and if it will work with the laptop.
Is there anybody who would know that?????
Would appreciate your help!

Okay, time to do some cooking and then it can stay on the stove for some time, and I can watch a bit of the skating.
Wishing you all a lovely week and safe week too!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

"Till then we will just have to be careful and follow up advices from doctors and not believe all the nonsens that already is told about it and not believe the "so-called"advices."

It does seem like there is a lot of panic about. I wonder if that is drummed up for tv ratings.

Grandma Sarge said...

Good morning, It's not too bad here either. It's really chilly, (some mornings a light frost still) but I'm up at 5 this morning so that's why it was chilly. Spring is on the way but I'm not planting this year. I'm moving some time the end of April, so not a good idea to be planting anything. But after I get to the new house, I'm going to put a tomato plant in a drum on the back porch or whichever side gets the most sun and then hope it can catch up with all the other tomatoes growing in other yards.
I have a new computer coming this week so I've been putting all the files on jump drives to transfer to the new one. Mostly the files on the hard drive are the kits for scrapbooking and other important things to have close and handy if needed. Like having the Taxes close in case I did something wrong. It's looking good this year. I'm old enough that none of my income is taxable. So the withholding from my small pension is going to be returned back into my checking account. That's nice for a change. And I'm going to put all of my scrapbooks kits on a jump drive also so the first thing it can be put onto the new computer. And the new computer comes with 2 screens, which I'm going to have to learn about. I'm good on the computer but not so that I'd need to have 2 things open at once so that I'd need 2 screens. I'm 80 yrs old so I'm a little slower than the younger generation. I still haven't mastered my 'cell phone'. It's an emergency phone with a little red button to push if I fall down. It will give my GPS location to the fire department/ambulance so they can come and help me up.
I'm packing boxes here and there if it's something I can live without for 2 months, then it's ok to pack it away. Going to meet with my new grandson Jess, who's going to be driving the truck for me. I'm too old to be driving a truck of that size on an 11-hour jaunt. I did it back in 1977 but I couldn't do it now!
Time to get moving. Things don't jump into the boxes by themselves.
Have a good week and we'll catch you next week.

Edna B said...

I'm not sure how to work your camera. Do you have a cell phobe? Does it take pictures? Can you take a photo with the phone, email it to youself, open the photo on the computer email and put the photo in a folder on the desktop?

I wish I had Jan's green thumb. I don't seem to have much luck growing things anymore. I hope all of his seeds mature into beautiful plants. I'd love to see the photos.

Pogo and I are here in Florida and it is wonderful. Warm and sunny! I'll send you a postcard as soon as I get a chance to get to the post office. I'm off now. You have a wonderful week, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for your update Kyra. I am a bit late with this one, I hope you and Jan are staying safe and doing OK...