Sunday, March 08, 2020

Nice meeting with Heidi this week.

Goodafternoon everybody!

Still having okay weather, some days we even had quite some sunshine, but with exception of one or two days there still is too much wind and also rainshowers.
Temperatures are okay and at times even higer than the average.
All in all we shouldn;t yet complain too much there are places on this earth where people have much worse circumstances, spoken of the weatherconditions!

I have a plaster on u thumb today, there where it goes into your hand, very nasty place to have a "wound". My own fault, of course. I have a cunk of old cheese and wanted to cut of some slices for a sandwich. Now this old cheese is very hard to cut with a cheese slicer and yeah, Kyra did it! Right into my hand. And it was also a new cheese slicer so very sharp. Ouch! It will take a little while to heal, meaning I better use a glove when washing the dishes etc.
I should be more careful, but you can take a bet one it that every now and then I have those kind of accidents LOL!
(By the way, the very old cheese tasted very good on my white sandwich).

A few small plans were achived this week, not all of them so I am partly happy with myself, hahaha!
Oh, I didn;t have to call the hospital about Jan's appointment, he did that himself, wow! Seems he will have just and ultrasound, to check the vains and all.  Why couldn;t do it a more eloborate one when he had one just a week or two ago? Then the doctors could have shared the results.

Last Wednesday I had my appointment with Heidi. We were lucky it just was a good day concerning the weather. I had to wit just a few minutes for her in front of the restaurant/lunchroom where we would meet, and it was nice, because I could stand there in the sunshine and a bit out of the wind and it felt sooooo good. That warmth of the sun was delicious!
It was just noon when Heidi came along. We chose a place in the lunchroom, on the covered terras(they had heater there so it was real nice to sit) and ordered us two cappuciino at first and a bit later something small for lunch. It was so nice to have time to chat with eahother in another setting than normal. Normally we meet at eachothers homes, and that is okay, of course, only suometimes it is nice to go "out", you know. Only the last few years I wasn;t able to invite her for it, or even pay half of the bill, we didn;t have too much money.
And I didn;t want her to pay for it every time. Now I was able to invite her and it was a good feeling.
It was so nice that we kind of agreed to do it more often, and I already now where we will go next time. It will be in another location, something new, but it had real good reviews and it looks to be a cosy place from the outside . Now we only will have to find time may be next month to meet again LOL.

Yesterday I went for a real short trip to the market(in forst for the cheese) and came back with a few more things. No, not too much, just a few things more, amongst it with some lamb chops and small potatoes. We will have the lamb chops this evening, with some fried potatoes and a bit of vegetable.
As soon as I finish this post I will go into the kitchen to put the lamb chops in a marinade.
I will try this recipe I found, it is simple but I think it will be very tasty.



Ingredients lamb chops with thyme and rosemary for 4 people

12-16 lamb chops
4 cloves of garlic
A few sprigs of thyme
A few sprigs of rosemary
4 tablespoons olive oil
Pepper and salt

Zipper the leaves of the thyme and rosemary sprigs. Finely chop 
the thyme and rosemary. Press the garlic cloves.
Mix the thyme, rosemary, garlic, olive oil and a little pepper 
and salt. Place the lamb chops in a large bowl. 
Pour in the marinade and mix everything well together. 
Place the lamb chops in the fridge and let marinate for 2 hours 
(or longer). Stir the marinade and the lamb chops occasionally.

Remove the lamb chops from the fridge half an hour before baking.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Heat a frying pan or grill pan.
 Place the lamb chops in the pan and sear all around. 
Cover the baking sheet with baking paper. 
Place the lamb chops on the baking paper and slide the 
baking sheet into the oven. Bake the lamb chops with rosemary 
and thyme in 8 minutes. The intention is that meat is still 
a little rosé.

May be you get the urge to make them too one day LOL!

With that I will leave you now in peace, wishing you all a lovely week and for all a
healthy week! 

4 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. I'm so glad you and Heidi had a wonderful lunch get together. I'm also glad to hear that the nice weather has finally settled into your area. It's slowly coming to my town too. But here in Florida the weather has been super. I've been enjoying my daughter's company. We've been crocheting and watching out favorite shows on my little laptop, and today we'll go to the flea market. I'm enjoying my time here. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Hope the thumb will heal quickly since it appears to have been the opposite hand of the one you were cutting with.
Our weather is almost like spring. Rain some days and a light frost on some days. Phoebe didn't want to squat too close to the ground so she really looked funny with her one leg up in the air. I was standing on the porch laughing and she hustled right past me into the house. It was cold and she wasn't wearing a sweater.
I've been packing some of my extra glass dishes and canisters so I'm not rushed at the end of the day just before we are going to hit the road. Moving day is April 29th and it's a whole day and 1/2 drive to my new home (which daughter Denise hasn't picked out yet). She'll start looking the first week of April and will take her time to find just the right one. We want a fenced back yard for Phoebe and Denise want's a dog but she'll wait till we get the house put together first.
I just looked at the clock I haven't had breakfast yet so I'll go fix a brunch instead.
Have a good week and wear gloves so you don't keep irriating the wound.
Hugs from Washington State
P.S. This is the state where the Coronavirus first came ashore in the USA. I'm trying to get out before it makes it's way accross the state. I'm at the most Eastern end of WA and I don't go out much with the state of affairs these days being what it is.

Grandma Sarge said...

I adore your new picture for your Blog.
I am in a 'self-imposed quarantine' because I'm one of the High-Risk people here in the North West. I have COPD, a weakened heart and I'm 80 yrs old. With the Nasty Virus going around I have to stay indoors and not go to the store, church or any place. One of our stores will deliver your order after you go through their web page and pick out the groceries you want and pay with a credit/debit card. My other choice is to have my Care-giver pick it up after I have paid for the order or she can drive me to the store and I wear one of the face masks and we go in and pick it up together. Our Walmart does the shopping and people just come in and pick it up already bagged and paid for. I'm going to check out the procedure tomorrow but I won't have to use it for another few days. I'm pretty well stocked up.
This gives me more time to work on the family tree and do more packing for my move to Colorado next month. I have a lot of the stuff already boxed up just don't have it stacked neatly or labeled.
Time to get cleaned up. And the funniest thing with all this business of being safe from the crowds (not a real big issue for me) but they are preaching "Wash your hands!! and don't touch your face". I think this is hilarious because I can't figure how to get my dentures out to brush them if I can't touch my face.ROFL Maybe I should get some large tweezers and pull them out that way. Isn't it just funny how they make rules for us but don't get it all-inclusive.
Time to move on to other chores. Be Safe and stay away from crowds.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the recipe Kyra. I hope your thumb is getting better...