Sunday, February 16, 2020

Too much wind around here!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Yes, we have too much wind around here at the moment. We had last week quite a heavy storm(we were lucky, we didn;t catch the full strength of it) and at the moment there is real strong wind again(started yesterday afternoon). It will stay on tomorrow too, then it might slow down again to 4-5 Beaufort. Hmmm, still a bit too much but already better. Temps are amazing today, around 11C in our area. Later this week it will drop a bit, but we cannot speak of wintertime, which I don;t mind very much!

I just was in the kitchen to prepare our dinner. We will have stuffed peppers, with bigger chunks of fried potatoes and stewed pers for dessert. That should fill us enough to last the whole evening LOL.

Jan was at his doctor last Wednesday, and all seemd to be fine. He just has to be a bit nicer to his kidneys, meaning I will have to be more careful with using of salt. But all together all is going well with him.
Hopefully it will stay this way for a long time.

I am happy that I have now all the forms I need for the taxes, Heidi will print me out two forms and then I can copy hopefully all forms this week and send them to my accountant. It will be a good feeling to do that. Then we will have to wait if there will be some additional tax payes to do. I really have no idea, I just count with it that it might happen, and if not, that would be a fantastic surprise LOL.
Our income changed already last year, because we are receiving now retirement pays from the government and some we saved for ourselves during our working life.
We'll wait and see, all we can do.

Yesterday Jan and I went to the celebration of Séverine's birthday.
It was nice to be out for a while and to be in company, but after some time I was happy to return home again. It's a funny thing with me. I do like to go out to visit someone, but after a while I have the urge somehow to get back home again. And then it feels so good to slip into my comfy loungepants and slobby sweater and slippers, and being able to hang or sit on the couch as you like, and to watch a program on tv you really like etc. Is that really a funny thing or do you have the same feeling??

Of course Heidi and I didn;t have much opportunity to speak with eachother, not the way we normally do, but we already made an appointment to meet eachother and go out for  coffee together and may be even have a small lunch and then we will have time enough to talk about all we want! I am sure it will be nice.

Not much more worth telling at the moment as far as I can remember, so I better end this post and really hope next week the weather will be better, with some more sunshine at least.
Have a lovely week.

3 comments:

Edna B said...

I just typed a nice long comment, and blogger erased the whole thing. I've been watching "The Golden Girls" reruns on TV today, and having a wonderful laugh. This was (and still is) such a funny program. Those stuffed peppers sound delicious! My keyboard is acting strange so I will keep my comment really short. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Sandi said...

I just saw a thing about Dutch windiness. It was bicyclists going against the wind across a bridge? Hilarious!

Grandma Sarge said...

I have days that I don't want to be bothered with the outside world so I call them Pajama Days. I just fuss around the house with little things. Yesterday I spent a good hour putting boxes together for my move. Today I will probably clean out the closet in the 2nd bedroom, (used to be my room but I moved into the bedroom that granddaughter vacated) It's been nice to have a bedroom for just my bed, dresser, and some plastic drawers for the socks, with my seasonal clothes in the closet.

My care-giver has moved away and the company she worked for hasn't found a new one for me so I'm doing it myself. I can only hope this will be my last move. It's really tough on my 80 yr old body. I'm probably lifting weight I shouldn't be but it has to get done.

I'll be leaving this city in April and moving back to Colorado to share a house with my #2 daughter. She works for an agency that helps the homeless, with getting things done like finding a birth certificate, or marriage license, so they can get the "welfare" monies to survive.

I understand about cleaning out of cupboards. I have file boxes and a tall file cabinet of Genealogy paperwork for my family. My Shirley family (maiden name was Shirley), is probably the largest amount. I have military records, birth certificates, marriage licenses, and lots of newspaper articles. I'm going to sort them by family and mail them to the family members back East. But Denise says just bring them and I'll help you sort them out. She'll keep my records and her father's records but she'll help me get the others in the mail. I don't know what to do with the Corbin papers. I have traced them back to the 1600s when they were among the first settlers in Virginia before the country became a country (USA). I'm guessing since I don't know many of his family she might want to send them to her father who's in San Diego.

Time for me to get my Medicines for the day and make some breakfast. I'm thinking French toast and sausage patties. Have a good week and take care.