Sunday, January 05, 2020

A new year started, what will it bring us?

Goodafternoon everybody!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!

Still rather good weather, with temperatures around 5C-8C, not too much rain, bit too much wind at times, but yet no snow and ice, hoorray!
It has been sometimes a bumpy ride, last year, so I hope this new one will be a little bit nicer and smooth going.

Start of this week was quiet, Monday I went out to buy us a few of the Dutch treats for New Years Eve, the "oliebollen and appelflappen". I was in time to find them easy at our supermarket. Okay, they aren't the very best but tasty enough for us, and much more practical than making them myself!
New Year's Eve we had to have something for dinner, but I didn;t feel like cooking that day, so I went out to buy us a grilled chicken and it was ever so tasty! And later in the evening, with the coffee we took one or two oliebollen and it was good.
Midnight people started with the fireworks(although already a lot were busy with it all day, which isn;t officially allowed, you can fire it from 18.00 till 02.00 at night), and Jan and I just went outside the frontdoor to look for a little while the fireworks in the neighborhood. Some were really beautiful!
We did that for may be 20 minutes or so and then went in again and watched a bit tv till we went to sleep.
And next day it was quiet, we watched for a while the New Years concert from Vienna, it's almost kind of tradition and we had a very nice and quiet day.

And next day suddenly all festivities were done with, and we had to find a normal dayrythm again LOL.
I was proud of myself that day, because I finally did something that should have been done a bit earlier, but okay, now it is settled, it was just a small thing, but necessary, and it felt good.
Friday jan and I already started to take off some of the Christmasdecorations.  It is better to do it in two or three sessions, not that straining on the body.
We still have the Christmastree and the manger, because the 3 Kings(or wisemen) still have to come to the manger, which will be tomorrow.
The 3 statues always stand on top of the manger, but I moved them a bit closer to the front the last few days(otherwise they NEVER will arrive at time ROFL).
So tomorrow I will place them in the manger and Tuesday Jan and I will put away all Christmas stuff.

Oh, Friday there was the birthday of Jan's brother, so we gave him a phonecall to wish him Happy Birthday.
This month there are several birthdays. Next Wednesday , on the 8th, a friend of ours has his and I will have mine, whooooo. The the 11th another friend of ours has hers and in 3 weeks, the 29th Jan will have his.
So from Wednesday on and for the next 3 weeks Jan will have to live with an elder women again, hahahahaha.

Another year is history, I have the feeling it passed away so quick, I only made myself one resolution for this year: not to have any of them!
Most of the time they don;t work, anyway not for a long time. We just will see what this new year has in store for us, we can only hope it will be filled with mostly good things, happy things, small or bigger, that our health remains well, and cross fingers that at the end of this year we can look back and say: "Life was good to us, perhaps we had a tiny little guiding angel on our shoulders!"
Wouldn't that be nice?

Good, time for me to have a sandwich and something to drink, I think I will take toasted bread with some real butter on it and a cup of tea. Sometimes it tastes so yummie, warm toast with the melting butter on it. Small pleasures with a great impact on your mood LOL!
Have a wonderful week !



1 comment:

Edna B said...

Pogo and I enjoyed a nice quiet New Year's too. I agree, it was quite a year for many of us, and I'm hoping the new year is a lot nice for us. We deserve a really good year. Pogo and I did not stay awake long enough to watch any fireworks displays on TV. But the sleep did us much good.

IN a little while I will be going out to breakfast with Deanne and her family to celebrate Jazzy's twentieth birthday. Wow, time has certainly flown by. Be well in this new year my friend, both you and Jan. And I wish you a very happy Birthday. Big hugs, Edna B.