Sunday, October 27, 2019

It was a bit of strange week I dare say!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Our weather is still not really bad, although now it is changing and probably getting a bit colder later this week. There was some rain, but most annoying was the wind, which was at times stormy.
However it stills seems nice enough for some blooms to persevere, LOL.

The week started kind of well, Jan was doing fine, and I was happy about it, of course.
He even felt so well that he even tried a little outing to the market(he went there by tram) and had a nice stroll there. I think he did a bit too much, because he still has to be careful because of the wound(more the inside than outside, because that looks good).
That was on Wednesday, and at the same time i went to city centre to do some almost last Christmas shopping, which was rather succesfull. I was back home late afternoon and I felt my legs, pfffff!!
That evening I already saw that there was something not fine with Jan, nothing to really worry about, but he wasn;t feeling 100%.
I thought may be that it was because of his walk, that was a bit too long and straining perhaps.
Next morning he felt worse, he thought he might have strained a muscle the other day that caused the pain he felt.
Well, I went for a quick grocery shopping and coming home asked how Jan was. But I already saw it wasn;t very good and he told me the pain he had was more in the area of the kidney. Okay, I didn;t want to wait longer and because our doctor was mjust that week on holiday, I straight away called emergency from the hospital and asked what to do. I explained about Jan, that he he this surgery not long ago and with his medical background I worried too much to wait for a doctor. They said we could come over right away.
So we took a taxi and there the whole circus of tests and waiting started again.
After several hours also a number one doctor came by to examen Jan and wanted some more photo's and an echo too.
By that time jan had a painkiller, because he really had severe pains. That helped a bit. But it seemed Jan's pain and cause of it was a great mystery to the doctors, yes really!.
They didn;t know what to do, so at the end(we were there from 02.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m., can you believe it?) they said there was no direct cause of medical urgence to keep him there, so we could go home. The pain was a bit less by the time, but still Jan wasn;t feeling really great.
Good we went home and hoped for the best. (they gave us however the advice, that if it came back or got worse or whatever we could come straight away to the emergency again).
Finally Jan did get some sleep during the night and next morning the pain was about 90% less and during the Friday vanished as in a miracle!
And nothing more during the weekend. so we were as much puzzled by it as the doctors!!! Perhaps all together Jan was perhaps right that it was a strained muscle or perhaps a nerve and by the painkiller he got it got "unlocked " again.
who knows????
We just hope this was the last of it and that we dont have to go back to emergency for a very long time!

I probably was so full of adreanaline from that long day in the hospital and all, that I got a burst of energy on Friday and did a lot of housekeeping jobs LOL!
I did a laundry, I made a soup for the evening, I cleaned the floor of the kitchen, cleaned the toilet, oh, vacuumed cleaned the house, and then I though it was enough and I sat down and almost didn;t move anymore the rest of the afternoon and evening, hahaha.

And so I ordered myself to keep it very easy on Saturday and also today, to reload myself again to have a good start on Monday again.
Yesterday evening I enjoyed watching the Strictly come Dancing on the BBC again. The couples that remain now are really getting fantastic and the show of yesterday was wonderful, it was the Halloween-special. Oh, I aways love the costumes and decors, the people responsible for that are real artists!

I am also looking around for a new laptop, I hope to find one next month without too much trouble. It will cost me a bit more money, but i decided I better buy a complete new one this time.  A new one will hopefully last a bit longer than a second hand one. And of course Jan also needs one with with the Windows 10. I still don;t know if we will buy the official windows 10 program and put it over the windows 7 on his laptop, or just buy a new one too. Or may be we can find a good second hand with windows 10 for a nice price.
That will be the project for next month, among other things.

I also made a very quick visit to heidi and her hubby Danny this week, just to see how he was doing after his operation. Happy to say, that went well and he just has to recover now. It will not take all too long.

Good, I don;t think  have more to ramble about today, so I better finish this post.
Time to have a cup of tea and sit down some more(LOL), and later I will have to hang out the food for our birds, some apple pieces for the parakeets and also some small portions of peanuts in a little net, and of course some seed for the sparrows and tits(but also the parakeets like it, the raskals!).
And sometimes, when I look out of the window,  suddenly see a little mouse, enjoying some of the seed the birds spread around. He is so cute. And he stays cute as long as he stays outside!

I wish you all a wonderful week to come, to you who celebrate Halloween: stay calm and have lots of fun, and to all of you, stay safe and healthy, please.
Till next week!

3 comments:

Edna B said...

My goodness, poor Jan. I hope he is finally on the mend with no more scares or pain. It's good to hear that Danny is doing good too. Your garden sounds so fascinating. I was telling Audrey how you even get parakeets coming by for some food. We don't get them in the wild here. Don't you be overdoing things either my friend. I don't you getting sick next. I'm hoping we can all get through the rest of the year and all the holidays in good health. Now I'm off to get dressed to go shopping with Audrey. She says "hello" to you and Jan. You have a wonderful (and healthy week) my friend, big hugs, Edna B.

hummerdawn said...

So happy to hear things got resolved rather quickly. But of course sad that it had to happen. Wishing both of you lots of hugs and well wishes. Our weather is downright nasty and has been for 1 1/2 mths now. Wind, rain/snow and cold. Must be another unfortunate time for a different weather system to come through. Have been having some personal problems and just not feeling up to doing much. I have been pretty quiet.
Hope both are still doing well. Till next time. Hugs.

Grandma Sarge said...

Will put my message on your latest one.
Have a great week
Hugs from Corrine