Sunday, September 01, 2019

Please let the summer stay a bit longer!!!

Goodafternoon everybody!

We had a few very warm days here again, but now weather is going really to change this week. YHou can notice it already today, although we still have sunshine, but temperature has dropped to around 21 and will drop a lot more this week according to weather report. It will be no more than may be 17-18C and I am not yet ready for that!!!
If that goes on for several days, we might need to use the central heating again, because inside our house it always feels a bit cooler. And when you don;t move around too much, you easily get colder and don;t feel comfortable.
Oh, I just hope it will be a kind of "dip" and that next week the temperatures will go up to again 20-22C, and that we will have a true nice and rather warm Indian Summer.

Our guest has gone home again. I am talking about Tommy, the dog gfrom Heidi. She came last Tuesday afternoon to pick him up. she had first a little chat with us(it was very warm that day) too cool down a little bit with a drink.
And you know, we only had the dog for a few days, but in the evening we missed him, because we were already kind of used to let him out.
I must say Tommy was no bother at all, he was so quiet, you almost didn;t notice he was there, really.
Oh boy, he gave Jan a shock, yes! I think it was Monday evening, and Jan wanted to give him a short walk late evening, so first Jan prepared himself(putting on his shoes and so) and then came in with the leash for Tommy.
He called him, but no reaction! he called again, still nothing, so he touched him to get his attention. Still nothing. Now we both were worried! So I looked and touched him, but he still was breathing, although almost not noticable.
Well, I shook him with siome force and then he awoke and in no time stood on his feet. Seems he was just sleeping very deeply asleep! PFFFFF! I already saw a scenario of us calling the vet ambulance and Heidi and all that. But no, nothing of that. All was normal and well. LOL.

Wednesday I had a rather productive day. Meaning I was in cleaning mood and such. yes, worth to mention because it doesn;t happen every day ROFL.
I accomplished several things, made me feel good, Jan was nice to me and took over the vacuum cleaning.

I am also spending a little time at the computer searching for recipes for my friend Edna, that will have to be easy and quick things with low sodium. I already found some things, but I will gather first a fair amount, so she will have a varied choice. It is nice to see what is possible, and there is much more to find than you think, that tastes good, is easy and quick and also good for the health.
It will also be good for us, because I try to cook low sodium too. Specially for Jan, with his retaining fluid rather easy and also for his kidneys. So it will be an interesting search for me too.
I have loads of recipes in maps that I collected over the years and also still from my mother's collection.(She was a great cook, and loved to prepare special dinners for friends and family from time to time).
But I donlt know if it is the same with you, but I notice that at the end I make just a certain amount of those recipes more often or regularly.
I like to try out recipe, that's for sure(and I will be able to do so again when I have the new appliances), and I have a great hubby, that always taste them.
He is a real easy to satisfy, of course he has his likes and dislikes but he rarely says he really doesn;t like the food I prepare.

It is such a shame that one of our favourtie quizzes, called The smartes person, is finished again for this season. It is a quiz in which you actually have to have some good generale knowledge. But now we have a new season of The Voice of Holland Senior again. That is really interesting at times.
And soon (if I am right it will be next Saturday) a new season of Stricktly come Dancing starts at the BBC. I just love that program.
There also started some new detectives so there is more than enougfh to watch( sometimes we just don;t have enough time in the evening LOL).
We could watch during the day some things we recorded, but most of the time I don;t have the patience for it and of course there are things to do during the day.
last few weeks I watched the tv serie Victoria(about queen Vicoria of Great Britain) and I loved that too. The second season of it just started this weekend, so I recorded that and still have to watch it. Yes, I not only love to see detectives, but also from time to time historical series.

Good  think I did enough rambling for today, hahaha. It is about time I take a look at the stew I am making with lamb meat. That will be for this evening dinner, together with some boiled potatoes and a salad with mini-tomatoes.
There will be enough left of the meat for tomorrow also, so that will be an easy job for dinner then.

Have a wonderful week to come, stay safe and hopefully you will have some good weather.


2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good afternoon Kyra. Our temps are a bit lower too, but still quite lovely during the day. I hope the good weather lasts the whole month of September too. If we're lucky, maybe some of it will slide right into October. Now that would certainly be lovely.

I was hoping that your new appliances would have been installed by now. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for them. I think it's wonderful that you can still enjoy cooking. Pogo doesn't eat very many things, so it's difficult to make cooking a pleasant past time. But I do it.

You are wonderful to help look up the recipes. On the days when I don't feel like cooking, there is always noodles and veggies, or better yet a BLT sandwich. (bacon, lettuce and tomato) I could live on these two foods alone.

Shortly, I am going to put in a load of laundry. I've spent my day catching up on blog reading and chatting a bit with the tenants. Now it's time to get at least one thing done.

It's amazing how attached we can get to our pets. Even ones that are just visiting. Maybe one of these days, you and Jan can find a new pet at a rescue shelter.

Now I'm off to start the laundry. You have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

My little doggies don't sleep that heavy. The littlest one Phoebe usually come scratching at me around 6 am when I'm already at my computer. I consider this my "work". I'm too old to be going to someone else's office. Anyway, Phoebe wants to go outside and run in the grass but at 6 am the Sprinkling system is already on and making the several sections at a time. Works on a timer and each section is on for a certain amount of time. Since I only have a handheld collar and chain (actually line of some sort) on the mama dog I have to stay out there with them. I make them wait till the front and side sections are stopped and then I take them out and sit in my lawn chair on the stoop holding Serenity (Phoebe's mama). She is a "Service dog" watches over people. And if I have my Oxygen on she stays right by side. Just part of the family!

Today is a holiday here in the USA. it's designed for workers but since the stores are already open those workers if they work today will get paid time and a half usually. Banks, & Postal offices are closed though. No mail today but tomorrow will be a big day for mail. New catalogs and lots of political junk!

Time for me to get out of the Jammies and get dressed for the day. I'm thinking of going to the dollar store and pick up a few things that I have been putting off.

Have a good week and stay healthy.