Sunday, March 11, 2018

Knee is healing but slowly.

Goodafternoon everybody!

a short update for now.
Weather is rather good at the moment, temperatures are around 10-15C at daytime, some rain, some sunshine, well, at least much better then two weeks ago.

The knee is healing. I went to the doctor last Monday, he gave me some anti-inflammatory drugs, and slowly they are working. The knee isn;t as thick anymore as it was, but still has some fluid in it I think.
The inside of my thigh is looking aeweful! it has a dark purple color with some yellow going through it and such.! I have there an immense effusion of blood! It will go away some day, LOL.
I tried to do some shopping on Friday, had to walk very, very slowly, and oh my God, I was so happy when I came home again. Guess it was a bit too far. But I have to stay moving around, otherwise the muscles will get so stiff, and some movement is good.
On Tuesday I will see the doctor again, we'll see what he says about it.
I just think it will need it's time and I was lucky that nothing was broken.

Jan is doing okay, also going slowly but as long as he doesn;t get another infection or so, well, then we should already be happy the way it goes now.

Sorry I haven;t a kit for you today. I will try to do some designing this week, but it was too difficult for me to sit for a longer time at the computer at the moment.

Let's stay optimistic and just let the healing do it's work, slow or not.
One thing is good though. Spring is coming nearer and nearer. I am looking forward to it.
Till next time, thank you for all your support and lovely words!
You are awesome people.

have a wonderful week and stay safe!





5 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm happy that you saw the doctor and that your knee is beginning to heal. Yes, it will be slow and take quite a bit of time. Just don't overdo with that leg before it is completely healed.

I'm happy for Jan too. I'm hoping that he doesn't get any more infections. It's been a long haul for him and I'm sure he is wanting to get back to his old self again.

Sadly, as we get a bit older, our bodies just don't heal as quickly as they used to.

Don't worry about not having a kit to share. We come here to hear how your days are going and what you are up to. I'd miss your morning chit chat dearly if it were not here. You just concentrate on getting your leg to heal. You have a super week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

edvige said...

Es tut mir sehr leid, kan mich vorstellen das Problem ch habe auch Probleme mit mein Knie aber leider kann ich keine anti-inflammatory drugs nehmen leider allergie. Alles Gute langsam wird sich heilen. Schoene kommende Woche.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you are improving and that Jan is too. I know what knee injuries are like and it's not fun at all. We'll keep you guys in our prayers. Love, Abi

Angela said...

I'm glad Jan is doing well. I hope you heal quickly. I broke my elbow 4 years ago and I had a really slow recovery. It's frustrating when healing doesn't happen quickly.