Friday, August 30, 2013

Unpleasant moment, again.

Goodmorning everybody!

You all know about the leak, We were glad it stopped, of course, we only had to wait now till it dried well enough to paint over. So Wednesday and Thursday there wasn;t much action here, we took a bit of quiet time, well, we didn;t do much painting, but I did do some housework, which was needed too.
Changed the bedsheets, did another laundry, ironed the already dry one, some vacuum cleaning, that sort of thing.
Wednesday evening I wnet checking on the oven, where I had some potatoes backing for our dinner and I suddenly heard a strange ticking. Can you guess?????????
I looked up and yeah, there was it leaking, again. Good you cannot hear the words I said at that moment!
Jan went upstairs to the neighbour at once(glad they were still working there)and told them what was wrong. I went there a bit later too, cause I discovered another part where it was starting to leak too!
First they claimed it was almost impossible, because they had checked all pipes and such, but we were sure there was still something not good there, Well, some talking back and forth, they came down to see, went up, closed the water for the moment, and that stopped the leaking. And they promised to go over all the pipes and the new joints, And till now it isn;t leaking anymore, so despite their first allegation, I suppose they found something! But I will not get over=enthousiastic, we will see for another day or two if it stays this way.

With that event left aside, we had some nice days LOL. Weather is wonderful, may be this weekend it will be a bit less, some drgrees lower temperature, may be even a bit of rain but by start of Next week all will go up again.
So yesterday I started to do some painting again. Yeah, I attacked the wall in the vestibule, that is done now, in a nice very soft yellow color. And I want to do the hallway today, Hopefully I can finish that in one day.
And then we can take a day off again tomorrow. There will be an ending of summer fair in a shopping street not far away, and that will be a nice way to spend a part of tomorrow.

Ha, this evening there is the start of a program on tv again, that we like to see, it's The Voice of Holland. I think this is one of the best talent-hunting shows. Always nice to hear some real talented people, and also great to sit in front of the screen, ventilating our own opinion about the candidates" performances (grin grin.).

Well, that is about all I have to tell, I better give you your freebie now, then I will have still a bit of time to work on a kit, or may be I will just make the previews of new quickpages and clusters I just recieved in the mail from Arlene.You are in for some great treats again, I can assure you.
Freebie today is "Perfect Illusion", I love the color pallet of this one. And you have a beautiful quickpage together with two clusters from Arlene!
Wish you a wonderful weekend (hopefully we will have one too, at the least a dry one indoors ROFL).
Download    HERE

Download    HERE


5 comments:

Edna B said...

What a gorgeous kit. The colors are just beautiful. So sorry to hear that the leak returned. We had a leak like that a few years back. It ended up we had to rip up a whole area of the floor and replace all the pipes. I surely hope they get your leak fixed for good real soon.

I'm at work, so gotta go. I want to post my blog before the Mrs wakes up. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Drama Queen said...

ya knw, some neighbors just get on our nerves someime... u need to handle it soon dear... would love to see the painted wall... :) GBY!!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, another lovely, lovely kit...great colors! Thanks to both you and Arlene.
Sorry I didn't get by yesterday. My boss was here and then I had a hair appt that took 3 1/2 hours of my time, totally exhausting day so I was in bed and asleep by 2100. LOL! Can you say getting old? LOL!
so sorry about the leak again, but at least with them still there, they actually saw your problem and hopefully they will repair it once and for all correctly!
Have a great time in the outdoors this weekend. The Voice starts again here next month and it is a show I haven't missed since it started. Love it!
Have a marvelous weekend thanks for the comments on my work on Miriam's Scraps! Appreciate them.
Hugs,
Mat

Unknown said...

Thank you for your lovely gift to us.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads.
It's good that the workmen were able to turn off the water. Hopefully they will locate the problem(s) and fix it properly soon...