Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Weather is really improving!

Goodmorning everybody!

Oh it looks to be a nice week, speaking of the weather conditions.
Every day it will get a bit warmer, so may be finally we will have some late spring and a good summer?
But the weather is really behaving od here in Europe! For now they have rivers flooding in the Czech Republic, Austria and parts of Germany! The last couple of days there was so much rain, sometimes 400 mm a day. The water level of the Rhine, Danube and now the Elbe is rising drastically, today it was about 13 mtrs (around 42 feet!) and this is reallyy exceptional.
Worse is that a lot of that water is coming our way. Now we have possibilities to get rid of a lot, they open floodplains, we have special dykes, but in some areas they moved away the cattle already, and possibly also some people have to leave their home for a while.
All that strange weather has to to with the long staying low pressure areas above Europe, I heard in a program yesterday, and that is due to the minor powerful jetstream on the Atlantics. And that again should be influenced by the quicker warming up of the North Pole. Then there isn;t as much difference in temperature between the air ocoming from the North Pole and coming from the equator, that together make the jetstram move a lot slower, and that causing the low and high pressure areas linger longer at one place.
Strange weather? yes, because at the moment in Findland and even in the north of it they have temperatures of about 30 C (86 F), and also in Russia, and that isn;t normal for those parts of Europe.
Okay, we have to live with it LOL, and I have a link for you where you can see something about the flooding in Germany and such.
http://www.euronews.com/2013/06/05/flooding-sweeps-north-in-europe/

I promised you I would have a picture of my climbing rose, Zépherine Drouhin (love that rose, cause it has beautiful flowers, bloosoms very long and has no thorns), and so I have.Made it just this morning.
Soon it will have lots more flowers, and I hope I can cut one or two from time to time to put in a little vase. I don;t cut often flowers from the garden, I like them better in their natural environment, but sometimes it is nice to have a little bouquet in the house too!

My cold is getting better already, although I have still a full nose, just hope with the sunshine we will have it goes away soon.
Today I want to go to the market again, I can take advantage of that trip to deposite a couple of bills at the bank, and I'ss see what I will come back home with from the market. Probably I will by me some fish for this evening's dinner. And I have to buy me a cartridge for my printer, and then I hope I can get it printing again LOL. My printer doesn;t print when one of the cartridges is empty, cannot even print in black then. Very annoying and then I also have to perform a little trick so that the printer will "recognize"the compatible cartridge. Compatibles save money, but some printers are very stubborn in not wanting them hahaha.
We'll see if I suucceed, being not a handy person in those things.

Our froggs are still in the area, you know?. Specially in the evening it happens we see one or two of them, and yesterday Jan spotted a tiny little one, heading a bit direction of the little pond. So may be they have found it and will use it soon from time to time, now that it is getting a bit warmer.

Okay, that's it for the moment. Let me think about your freebie. I have a lt of possibilities, so I will check now what I have "on the shelf". Just a moment and I will be back with one!
Yes, you will have another Nutshell kit topday, named Arioso ( airy). You can see it "at work"in my bloglayout, nice hey?
After I posted this one I will do a bit more blog hopping, may be even a moment playing in PSE, and then go out.
You all have a wonderful day.
Download    HERE

Download    HERE





6 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning! Glad your weather is improving and that you are beginning to feel a little better with your cold. Hope both continue to improve.
Thanks for this lovely "airy" kit and for Arlene's as well. Very pretty!
I think this strange weather pattern is covering the whole universe...our weather has been very odd this year. 2 F5 tornadoes in the same area inside a couple of weeks with so many deaths and so much destruction. Lots of flooding too and the same areas keep getting more and more rain, while those of us that desperately need it get passed over! You are right, we have to live with what we are given! LOL!
Have a great day, chat more on Friday! have a good trip to the market! Hugs, Mat

Handmaiden Dotty said...

Thank you. Appreciate you so much, and hope you feel better soon. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra !
Thank you so much for all your last kits, and thanks to Arlene too !!
Sorry, I didn't have much time to leave a comment, but I hope you feel better now.
Your flowers are beautiful, especially your climbing rose !
The sun is back here too, and it's just wonderful ! Have a nice day !
Florence

Edna B said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I agree that we will have to learn to live with this wicked new weather system. I do believe that a lot of it is caused by all the stuff that man has put into the atmosphere over the years.

I would love to make a little pond for my garden but I'm afraid that it would draw more critters to my yard. Right now we have a family of woodchucks that are eating all my plants. Oh dear.

Kyra, you stay well and have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Have been getting reports on Tv here in Australia regarding the extreme wether conditions overseas. Hope you stay well hun and your home is safe from any bad flooding. Take care.
Grace.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads. You have a very pretty coloured rose, thank you for showing us...