Sunday, July 22, 2012

Posting on an unusual day.

Goodafternoon everybody,
This will be a short post, already today, instead of tomorrow, because tomorrow I will have not too much time for it.
Friday evening we received a card in the post with the sad news that a good friend passed away. It's the one I think I already wrote about a couple of months ago. He had cancer everywhere in his body, and it weaked him so much that he had a heart attack last Tuesday.
In a way it was a good thing this happened, so he didn;t have to suffer too much, and died at home in the arms of his wife.
But still it's another member of our close group of the old cafe, we celebrated many birthday, wedding, christmas parties together.
Tomorrow will be the funeral service, so you can understand I will not have a lot of time and will not be in the mood either.
It really influenced our weekend, this event remained all the time at the background of our thoughts.
Bert was the one who wa so proud to drive the car on our wedding day, almost 5 years ago now.
I hope, he will be at peace now, without any pain, in a wonderful free world.

So if you don;t mind, I will just post the freebies now and finish the post with it. Wednesday I will be back, and ramble along as usual.
From Arlene, beautiful clusters from the Fresh Look kit.

Download    HERE


And from me a recently made kit, strangely enough with a title that comes together with the passing away from our friend,  "Remember the Good Times".
Have a lovely day!

Download    HERE

11 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Awwww...Kyra...Sooo SORRY for the loss of Your's and Jan's dear friend.:( SO sad. I agree with you though. Better he didn't suffer from the cancer. I watched my Daddy suffer and it isn't something I would ever want to see again.:(
Don't be concerned about your blog. Just take the time you need!!

Huge hugs to you and Jan!!

Valinda

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads.
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Bert. My best wishes to you and Jan at this sad time and please pass on my best wishes to his family...
Linda

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Jul. 23, 2012. Thanks again.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thank you, these are terrific, so sorry for the loss of your friend and may he be rewarded with a pain free and heavenly life. Hugs!!

Bright Eyes said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. Holding you and the family close to the heart. What a perfect kit name - it is so appropriate. Thanks for all your beautiful work.

marniejo's house of scrap said...

Thank you for the kit. Sorry your friend passed away. It's always tough to loose someone you are close to. Like the title of the kit, "Remember the Good Times".

NathL said...

hello Kyra, thank you and let me send you a little tenderness in this moment :) hug

NathL from France

Anne said...

Kyra, Sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with you and his family. Don't worry about your follower, we understand. Take care

Edna B said...

It's so sad when we lose those so close to us. Your friend will no longer be in pain, but still there is a heavy ache in your heart. Try to think of all the good memories. They will always be with you. God bless you, hugs, Edna B.

HappyScreens said...

Thank you for "Remember..." I'm very sorry about the loss of your good friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you.
Your blog can wait, we can understand this. Take your time.

Courage,
Florence