Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Autumn like than Spring.

Goodmorning everybody!

yeah, to my disappointment I have to say weather isn;t really like it was a week or two earlier.
It is feeling even a bit like Autumn, cold wind, every now and then some rain, but for short moments we still do see the sun.
I wanted to go out yesterday, but looking out of the window I decided to stay in and try it today.
Oh, I had something strange going on yesterday.
At about 11.30 someone was ringing the doorbell. Okay, that's nothing weird. I opened the door and saw two men standing, dressed in kind of working clothes, with and orange jacket, with some company name. I asked what they wanted and they said they wanted to check the gasmeter location and pipes to it, cause in a couple of weeks the gas pipes in the street should be renewed,  I asked for which company they worked, and they said it was ordered by the sity council department for streetwork etc. Hmmmm, strange, so I asked if they had an ID of their company. First he showed me just his driver licence, well, very nice, but that doesn;t help. Then he said he would go for a little booklet(kind of passport) at his car, came back with it, it stated some company name, in another city, but that also didn;t convince me. So Iasked again why they came now, and why I did,t receive a letter from the city council about it. Because normally if street work will be done the kind they talked about, we are notified and also if there will be a company checking our meters, of pipes or whatever is necessary.
They said then the letter would arrive shortly, but they were "in the neighbourhood"and thought they could do the checking already.
They looked alright, but somewhere I didn;t trust it. It was a vague kind of story they told me, and the more, if new gaspipes where to be placed, the connection to underground pipes is outside the house. So I said I was sorry, but I first wanted to have the letter and read about what it was going on and if it was necessary they do that checking or survey, they had to come back for it. They were very polite, and said they understood and then left.
Perhaps I was just too suspicious, but you have to be very carefull now a days with letting some stranger into your house, there are lots of people who take advantage of good willing people buy those kind of stories(they are from the electricity company, they are from a magazine company, or whatever) and then you get robed or worse.

Oh whee, I was just nicely curled up in my bed yesterday and almost asleep when I heard Brodski in the hall, meowing in his strange way. And I knew it!!!!!!!!! Another present in form of a little mousie!!!
So I crawled out of bed to take a look, and yes, I was right. So I directed my cat to the kitchen, took a piece of kitchen paper to take the mousie out of his mouth. But this one was still alive! I have no fear of them, but normally they are already dead when he brings them in, not this time. So when I tried to get mousie out, it slipped out and disappeared under the washing machine.!!! Oh glory, dumbo me! Perhaps the mousie died anyway, later, and lies there somewhere, or it had been lucky and could fine a little spot in the floor and got "underground" to continue his life LOL!
We'll see if one of these days Brodski will catch him anyway. I think my big hunter was all disappointed that I lost "the present". He sure looked up to me with very sad eyes!
Enough rambling of me, have to do some things here today.

I have some real beautiful clusters from Arlene for you, made with the "Temps des Roses" kit. I am convinced you will like them!
Download      HERE


And also a kit, still having lots on the shelves for you, and adding to it!
This time another soft colored one, named "Weaving Dreams". And I think Friday I will have just the opposite for you, it will be a rather bright colored one!!!Take out your sunglasses of the drawer and lay them near your computer screen so you have them by hand on Friday LOL!
Have a fabulous day!
Download    HERE

7 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Thank goodness you were smart enough to question the strange men at your door. Did you call the gas company to find out if any of their men were in your neighborhood? I wonder how many folks actually let them inside their house? You stay safe my friend.

Our weather here is crazy too. We just went from the 80's to 60 degrees. Mother Nature must not be feeling well. lol. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Your site is probably my favorite of all the sites to which CBH has introduced me. Your work is incredible, and quite frankly if I had not been a follower of CBH, I would never have discovered your work. I am always impressed by the detail and whimsy of the items you have created. Thank you for so generously sharing your creativity, talent and skill with me.
Donna

Bright Eyes said...

What an amazing kit. So beautiful. Know I can use for many things. Thanks again for sharing with us. Love reading about how your days are spent.

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely items...
Linda

HappyScreens said...

This looks fantastic, Kyra. You are so creative! Thank you for sharing.

website development said...

Website development has been one of the fastest growing industries in the world and to go hand on hand with this new web technology Attune Infocom open its wings to remain top on the sky. Attune Infocom provides Website Development services which can range from developing the simplest static website to dynamic website to the most complex web-based internet applications, e-commerce website development or social networking websites. We uses next generation web development tools like JAVA, LAMP and PHP web development technologies to provide web solutions as a way to run business or application online.

Unknown said...

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful creations. The Butterfly on this is amazing. Great Job.