Monday, February 06, 2012

I walked in snow!

Goodmorning everybody!

I didn;t make it on Friday to outrun the snowfall. Just about when I prepared to go out, I looked out of the window and......oops, it was snowing. The snowfall was rather dense, it lasted for about 2 or 3 hours and then it was over again. Still it was enough to whiten the world and there still is lying snow on the streets.
I've made a picture from a part of the street where I do a lot of my "daily"shopping and you can see it was snowing rather hard.
But as it was fresh snow it wasn't yet too difficult to walk.
It was nice for a moment but now it can go away again grin grin!
So you can imagine we didn;t go anywhere during the weekend, but stayed home. So not much to tell about those days.

Oh, a few days ago I couldn't resist taking a picture just after dinner. Jan likes to take a short nap then and our cats too, specially Dikkie Dik, and that one always likes company. How small a spot may be, it doesn;t matter to him, he wriggles himself into it. Here the result:
Isn't he adorable? LOL!

Well, today I should be a bit more active than in the weekend, (sigh sigh!), for example there is a load of laundry waiting in the machine to get clean, and still some dry one to be ironed. I will spit into my hands and get it done quickly.

I have for you the first part of a kit, in bragbook page size, named Birthday flowers. The idea was given by a sweet visitor and this is the outcome. There are in total 12 pages, one for each month and some elements and frames for an extra decoration. I'll show you one of the pages, so you can get a better idea of it.


It might make a sweet birthday book, and if you have more birthdays in on month just use that month page more times. Could even make a sweet heritage book, make a little journaling page for each person, and then the page with the picture. Next post I will post the second part.
Hope somebody can do something with this.
Have a fantastic day!
Download    part 1 HERE

9 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Feb. 06, 2012. Thanks again.

JudithK said...

This is going to be very nice!
Thank You.

Orlie said...

Thank you for the beautiful kit. I wanted to say Sorry for the snow! We were to have winter ski jumping here in WIS but we didn't have the snow to do it. In fact it was in the 40's and snow was melting pretty fast yesterday. But that won;t last long for it is to cool down now this week. And still No Snow in the forecast yet. So enjoy for now.

Kay W. said...

Absolutely lovely. Can't wait to collect all the parts. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work.

Edna B said...

Kyra, this like a wonderful kit. What a great idea for a birthday or anniversary book.

I love the photo of Jan and Dikkie Dik. They look so peaceful. As for the snow, yes it's pretty, but you can keep it. I really do like it a bit as long as it is not here! You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kyra I need Birthday kits for nmy grandchildren!

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, and i have idea already what i can do with is. Thank you so much for it. Oh and your Photo are too funny. I loooove Cats, but don't have one. Instead i have a Bulldog Girl, 10 Month old now.
Thank you so much.
Hugs Nataliya

tmmarx said...

What a beautiful kit. Thank you so much. I especially loved reading your notes about each flower.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you so much for these lovely pages...