Friday, December 17, 2010

Let it snow!

Goodmorning everybody!

When I woke up I peeped out of the window and we had a white world, with still snow falling! It was still very quiet out on the street and with the street lamps shining, it almost was a fairy tale like world! And especially when I took a look at the garden, oh I have to make a picture of it today. At the moment it is really snowing hard, it makes almost a curtain, real nice to see, but feeling happy I am inside and have no particularly reason to go out, LOL!
Good news : the post: strike is over( at least for the moment). They seem to have come to an agreement, now the workers have to work real hard to get all Christmaspost at time in the mailboxes!
Strike at the distribution- centre of the supermarket is still going on, we'll see how long that will last!

I wahed a load of laundry yesterday, probably will have to do one more in a couple of days(with sheets from the bed, a cover for the duvet and the rest) the machine is filling quickly, sigh!
Good thing is that there IS a machine doing the work for you, and that you don;t have to do it all by hand!

I am looking forward a bit to Christmas a bit. I will have to take a marker and highlight all Christmas programs, starting already on the 24th! There are of course a lot of films to watch(LOL every year they repeat a bit the same movies) but I like to watch more some Christmas shows, in which there is a lot of music, with all the Christmas carols. With that kind of thing they aren't too giving on the Dutch television, but thanks for cable television, I can watch German tv, they always have some real nice shows and also on BBC there is to find something. I just HAVE to see and hear that, otherwise it doesn't feel Christmassy for me. I have treated myself yesterday evening already by putting up some Christmas cd's(Jan was at the cafe for a while, yippee). I think this evening will be a bit the same, how relaxing! I sit at my computer, in a room full of Christmaslights on, the tree and manger etc., two cats at the couch and then some nice Christmas music. Sometimes there isn;t needed much to feel satisfied and happy.
I've made two things for Minky's faerie Christmasblog, I hope she finds time to post them for you(she all mixed up in the Christmas hectic at Sulina's at the moment). But I can show you the previews. It's a little kit, to create you own card or quickpage, and one all ready quickpage.




And to get you even more in Christmas spirit I have another Christmaskit for you. Next week i will have still another for you, Oh, don;t forget to go to the forum for the weekly download! If all is going well, it will be Nana's contribution!
But today's kit is named "Christmas Cheer". Not a too big kit, but it has some nice elements and really nice papers in it. Hope you can use some of it for all your Christmas pics!
Oh my, it still is snowing here, I wonder how it is further east of Holland. I know, we don;t have a big country, from coast to east border is about 250 kilometers, but it can have already a big difference in weather situation. I really hope people will be careful when they have to be on the roads, an accident happens quickly, with this slippery conditions!
We'll see how weather will be during the weekend, if there still will be snow here, may be there even will be a moment, that it looks good enough to take a little stroll in the snow, it might end up in some nice pictures.
Anyway, you all enjoy your weekend, we'll meet again on Monday!

Download     HERE

5 comments:

Snowy said...

Good morning, it's been snowing here as well-whoohoooo ! Lol-just doing my laundry now. You are right, it is nice and cozy with all the x-mas lights,that's why I always have one string of lights on my wall all year round. I just love them! Gotta dig out my x-mas musuc though,lol. Have a nice day, you two.
❥✫✫✫...¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.Snowy

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra :)
Oh..how lovely your snow sounds.We had sleet mixed with snow the day before yesterday and there were over 900 accidents on the roads that day. Can you believe that? It got to the point the police told people they wouldn't respond to accidents that had no injuries.To just exchange insurance cards and take it from there.Cars parked on the side of the roads and people had to walk to the nearest warm spot.:( It sure can mess your day up.Huh? It shut businesses down too because no one could get to and from them.
I would love to see pics of your garden covered in snow..before things start to melt.:)
Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for your lovely kit.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

Trimgym said...

Thank you for sharing all these kits, much appreciated. Have a great Christmas!

Jo.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Dec. 17, 2010. Thanks again.

MBV said...

We have got lots of sniw so we are living in a white world.
Merry Christmas and greetings from Sweden.