Friday, December 03, 2010

Got a bit nasty surprise yesterday evening!

Goodmorning everybody!

I am somewhat late, but I was up very early again, so I took some more sleep after being awake for an hour or so. And that did me well!
Just came from Snowy's blog and finally there was a shred of good news! Go to her blog to read it!
http://silversnowyraven.blogspot.com/

Oh my, yesterday evening after dinner I had a nasty surprise. Just wanted to do the washing up of the dinner paltes etc. and suddenly noticed the water in the sink didn't go away!!! To make the story short, I asked Jan top take a look. After trying the usual stuff, he had to dismount the goose-neck of the conduit=pipe. And gosh, it was blocked! We cleaned that and got rid of the dirt and I was praying that this should do the trick(already saw me calling for a plumber and all that rubbish!). And yes, miracle happened, the water disappeared again as it normally does. ! All together it didn;t took so much time, but the most annoying thing is, that things like that always happen during evening time, and it makes your heart goes twice as quick, only by the thought, it could be something more serious and it will plunder your bank account again LOL!
Pfffff. I can without those kind of surprises, just when we had a couple of weeks ago the leak in the toilet room!
Well, after the cleaning up ( it ALWAYS gives a mess in the cupboard at the least) I really was ready for my cup of coffee! So I took one and relaxed a bit at the computer, starting another kit, Christmas-one again.
Oh, I also finished the packing of the boxes with Christmas presents, so I hope to send them away today. I better try to do that as soon as possible, because the postal workers are going to strike again! Yeah, first the post company was run by the government, all well, worked well. Then a few years ago there was the trend to make all things private, read.... commercial! Oh, boy, what a bad idea! Now the TNT post announced it has to cut down the costs, so there have to disappear around 11.000 jobs!!!! For the post delivery mostly, then as they claim there isn;t as much letter traffic as a few years ago, they cannot pay all the employess anymore. So they fear there will be a lot of people in social security. But now the best thing, hahaha.....still there are letters to be deliverd, so they will hire people on a flex-base, still understandable, but the pay per hour will go down drasticly, it will be VERY LOW!. Nice way to treat your workers, isn;t it?
Anyway, the workers announced some more strikes, and hope the company will at least not get rid of that many people. I doubt if it will help, but I can understand them completely!
So now you know why I want to send away the packages so soon!

Oh, by the way, before I forget it, if you like the weekly downloads on our forum, you should go there today! We start with the December collect a kit and first contribution is mine, theme and colour scheme are from Nana! I'll give you the preview, so you get an idea. Downloads are at the forum of
http://magickalscraps.forummotion.com/forum.htm


 And there is even a freebie for you, also a Christmas kit, a not so big one, but not too bad I think.
Hope you all have a weekend without any trouble(like my sink e.g. LOL) and that it will be on the contrary a quiet but still lovely weekend!
Download     HERE

3 comments:

Edna B said...

It is good that Jan is so handy. I don't like those surprises either. I got a different type of surprise. Wayne, my computer guy, is retiring from the business. Woe is me. Now I shall have to check around to find someone else.

Isn't it amazing how strikes always seem to take place during high business season? Although I do understand why they would do it. Maybe you can have a post office box and pick your mail up at the post office until all this is over?

I'm at work now, so you have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
So happy your plumbing problem was easily solved.:) I called a repair man one time because my dish washer wasn't working and he came to our house and took the bottom panel off and flipped the reset button on...charged us sixty dollars.LOL Now who would have known there was a reset button under that panel?hehe. We look for those now.LORL
Thank you so much for sharing your beatufiful Christmas kit with me.:)I LOVE it!!

Hugs,
Valinda

Noteable Scraps said...

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!