Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Great film evening

Goodmorning everybody!

Yesterday evening there wasn't so much interesting on tv, so Jan put up a film he registered some days ago on the dvd. Oh my, I was completely fascinated and nicely curled up on the couch I had no eye or ear for my surroundings anymore! I loved the film, and it was soooo romantic too! It was called "The Seventh Stream"not a very "young"film anymore, but who cares about that?
I even have a picture from the original dvd for you and some words on the content.
Irish fishermen still fish the waters around Ireland
as they have for thousands of years, with the rugged beauty of the
Irish coast as their backdrop. And, of course they tell their fish stories.
Many Irish legends involve selkies. Selkies are magical seals who,
when on land, shed their skins and become women. A man that
captures the seal's pelt can force the woman the stay with him.
But the legend of the selkie is just the backdrop. The real story is
the story of loss. In these tiny sparsely populated coastal villages,
these fishermen can lead very lonely lives. Which is why they feel
the loss of loved ones who have died or emigrated so deeply.





If you like a bit quiet films, with a bit of mystic and legend in it and want to shed a few tears watching it, it is recommended!!!

After a real good night of sleep I woke up and what a pleasure, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, so good day for shopping, although temperature is still low, about 4 or 5 C. Yesterday I started to really clean some doors, well, did two and some posts in the hallway, and have to do some more. But each day some, and soon that will be done too. I have to do it before I even can think of starting painting them. I don't have to sandpaper them(may be just a few spots) because they were painted excellently, and are all smooth and ready for a new coat, ....someday over the rainbow!! LOL
Time now for your next part of the "Hopping Around at Easter"kit. Want to go out a bit early for the shopping and perhaps do one or two more doors. Keep on dreaming Kyra, may be it will come true LOL!
Have a splendid and great day you all!
Download     part 2  HERE

3 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Mar. 09, 2010. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

Kyra, I may have to hire you to do my clean up. You seem to get so much done so quickly. I'm a dunce when it comes to housework. lol

It's still nice and warm here in florida. Have a great day, hugs, Edna.

Eci si Cami said...

Sounds interesting movie .... I was looking for, and I see him!
hi with respect!